Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Track, Drag & Race > Trackday at Donnington November 27th or December 4th

mw3

684 Posts
Member #: 9590
Post Whore

Derby

Bit short notice i know but im just wondering if anyone is interested in doing a Trackday at donnington with me on one of the days. Ive not made my mind up which one im doing yet but i just thought id let people know that theres some cheap ones going now its nearer christmas.

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/donington_park.htm

£99 and £20 for a passenger is really quite good. I paid £190 through bookatrack in july for half a day!

Matt W

On 14th Mar, 2012 mw3 said:
Got a nice big delivery from Carl at Force Racing today.

minimole23

4303 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

Definately up for a final track day, I will get out in the garage tomorrow mount the new fuel tank and go from there.

Probably the 4th, I'll speak to my mate to see if I can borrow the trailer.

Edited by minimole23 on 22nd Nov, 2011.

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

mw3

684 Posts
Post Whore

Derby

Bit hit and miss with the weather thats the only thing

Matt W

minimole23

4303 Posts
Post Whore

Wiltshire

Well installing this fuel tank is not straight forward, and by the time I've trailered the car up from Dorset the weekend will be on the wrong side of £250 so despite the fact I'd like one more outing it isn't going to happen. I need this money for a set of bling rear suspension arms at the moment.

minimole23

4303 Posts
Post Whore

Wiltshire

I also need to be kind to my gearbox as my mates which has done much less work let go at combe at the end of september with identical power ouputs and driving styles.

Its a simple case of trying to get it to hold out till the end of next year when the engine will be due a rebuild so can do everything at once.

mw3

684 Posts
Post Whore

Derby

Its not looking good then buddy as ive got a fucked synchro on 2nd som the engine is coming out!

What do you drive and how much power are we looking at to do that to the box? looks nasty!!

Matt W

minimole23

4303 Posts
Post Whore

Wiltshire

We've both got n/a 1380's putting out 100 bananas at the wheels. That gearset had covered 65k on a 998 before being rebuilt for the 1380 at which point it lasted about 15 quarter mile runs and an hour and a half of flat out driving at combe!

My gearbox has a laygear from a metro turbo which will have had far more abuse then that one, therefore it has got me worried. my engine has done about the same amount of work but gearbox has covered 5000 miles since a rebuild on my previous 76 whp road engine.

This is why I am keen to get a straight cut box on there this time next year!

Home > Track, Drag & Race > Trackday at Donnington November 27th or December 4th
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: