Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > 998cc > Setup issues !!!

DVSMNI

62 Posts
Member #: 3668
Advanced Member

NEW ZEALAND - moving to Australia

hey people, i have just finished wiring up my car and have prity much everthing in place.
we started it up and it idels ok, now we were trying to set the timing and get it all setup but when we hold the throtle down it gets to higher revs and then starts to choke its self.
so heres a little but on the setup, im using the standard 998 dizzy with a msd boost retard system, now my mechnic set the timing at 13 degree so when it was at the crank it was 26degree if this sounds right, we had a leek between the carb and the intake manifold so my boost gauge was bouncing when coming down but when on boost it 20 on vacume but wouldnt no boost we hit 1psi then it drops but this is at 6000rpm but it starts to choke its self, so my mechnic said that we need to change something in the dizzy, im trying remember everything he said, so if anyone can help me sort out a setup for my engine that would be great im using the metro turbo carb with standard needle and i have good fuel pressure and good air flow timing its my problem i think. but with my msd boost retard for every psi it retards the timing by 3 degrees i think.

1966 MK1 1034CC TURBO MINI

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

Are you trying to make boost by revving the nuts off it on the drive? if so forget it, it will onky make boost when under load, e.g. driving it up the road.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

DVSMNI

62 Posts
Member #: 3668
Advanced Member

NEW ZEALAND - moving to Australia

no but it should show up on the guage, it spools up on idle so its very responsive turbo, im trying get the setup right, i dont wana lock my dizzy if i can help it, ive got idel then it will rev nicely alway up to about 6500rpm then start to die an wont hold it up there

1966 MK1 1034CC TURBO MINI

haimesyboi

392 Posts
Member #: 5702

Cornwall

So you are trying to setup above 6500 without any load on the engine?

Home > 998cc > Setup issues !!!
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: