Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Non-Mini Discussion > New project -but not a mini

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Trans tunnel all now made and welded in, but I,m not sure if I want to display the welding !

Big thanks to Matt who lent me the slave block to do all the gearbox conversion and also for giving me a steer to Brand Mechanical engineers who are making me the adapter to couple the BMW gearbox to the A35 propshaft.

They have quoted me less than half the previous quote I got and a third of the time to make it, so they will me making it for me very soon.

The bodywork of the van is very close to starting to apply primer and then start the long drag of flatting black before applying colour. Unfortunately, I am called in to work next week, so will lose the opportunity to take advantage of the warmer weather that we are promised, for spraying.

Ah well, it will get done sometime.

nala56

825 Posts
Member #: 9661
Post Whore

Sheffield South Yorkshire GB.

Wrong post

Edited by nala56 on 20th Jul, 2012.

Main Build
http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=489133

Upgrade to Turbo
http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...tid=448367&fr=0

tadge44

3004 Posts
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Huh ???

tadge44

3004 Posts
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Still nowhere near painting, but I have welded in the tunnel, as mentioned, and painted the interior.

The front end is much better now and the wings are virtually ready to fit and paint.

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

looks like it is coming together well

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Looking good

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

tadge44

3004 Posts
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

New development.

Crashed the KTM quite heavily today and my right ankle is twice the size of the other.Also the same leg as last time, so no workshop time in the near future.

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Looking good mate, sorry to hear about the accident on the bike

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

robert

6743 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

On 7th Aug, 2012 tadge44 said:
New development.

Crashed the KTM quite heavily today and my right ankle is twice the size of the other.Also the same leg as last time, so no workshop time in the near future.

oh pooh.... hard luck david , hope it heals quickly .

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

apbellamy

16540 Posts
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Hope you have a speedy recovery

i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

steve1275

849 Posts
Member #: 951
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

But how's the bike? Seriously, hope you're soon OK David.

'Where does the engine go?'

tadge44

3004 Posts
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Many thanks for all the kind comments.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible !

tadge44

3004 Posts
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Its been a long time, but Brian Adams of Brand Mechanical Engineering has just delivered my BMW gearbox adapter. To be fairm I did tell him that there was no hurry and he has made three visits to my workshop to check fits and deliver the part, so I rate him a very good guy.

This is the part, to adapt the output shaft of the BMW box to a sliding spline for the A35 propshaft.

And this is what it will look like when bolted up - and its exactly the right length for the standard A35 propshaft to fit - how lucky is that ?

Meanwhile progress on the van is very slow. I have been stressing over the door fits and the fit of the doors to front wings, as I know it will be subject to close scrutiny by the cognoscenti. So far I have both doors fitting quite nicely but the wings need more work. Given that they were not very special when they left the factory I suppose its not too bad.

I may now delay painting until the spring when it may be warmer and just get on with all the mechanical stuff, which I much prefer to pissing about with filler and paint.

steve1275

849 Posts
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

Looking good David,great that the propshaft will fit.I agree doing the mechanical stuff is much more satisfying than messing with filler and wet n' dry,still each to his own.......

tadge44

3004 Posts
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

I was joshing Steve - the calculations were made before I drew the part !

steve1275

849 Posts
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

With my stuff,I'm still slightly surprised when it fits even after measuring it.......

tadge44

3004 Posts
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Me too, but this time I was sneaky and got someone who knows what they are doing to make it for me.

wolfie

8215 Posts
Member #: 90
Post Whore

Somewhere around Swindon

Theres one of these vans around the corner from me in a garden, it looks tidy but never moves

Crystal Sound Audio said:

Why wolfie...you should have your name as Fuckfaceshithead !

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."-Douglas Adams

matty

8297 Posts
Member #: 408
Turbo Love Palace Fool

Aylesbury

That looks like it'll do the job nicely Dave.

Brian is currently working on my next component. :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fusion-Fabri..._homepage_panel

www.fusionfabs.co.uk

1/4mile in 13.2sec @ 111 terminal on 15psi

steve1275

849 Posts
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

Presumably David,the engine still sits on the original front mounting points?Also where does this put the gearlever compared to the old box?

tadge44

3004 Posts
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Original mountings but cut down to lower engine and box, making room for the steering rack.

Gear lever can be anywhere you want it as its an external linkage, easily cut and welded.

tadge44

3004 Posts
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Been doing quite a bit since I last posted on this, but I,m pretty slow.

Also been working on the rack conversion. This is pre-school stuff compared tp Matty,s degree level enginering, but I am quite pleaseed with what I have done so far.

Rack mounting blocks machined up and ready to install.

I have also started to assemble suspension and brakes while I wait for the weather to get warmer so that I can get it painted.

Its still damn cold out there !

robert

6743 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

nice job ,look forward to enjoying the lack of boatyness in the vanbule.

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Good work. You keep reminding me I need a bigger workshop and more machine tools!

*hehe!*

Home > Non-Mini Discussion > New project -but not a mini
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 2 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: