Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Track, Drag & Race > Snowdon minis classic scatter

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

Not realy a track, drag or race event however its a great laugh. I have been on this one for the last two years and I think its one of the best events in the car, great fun.

The event is very professionally run by Aled, with offical timing etc and some great roads too.

More info and registration here and more info here http://snowdonminis.myfastforum.org/forum28.php

Its held on Easter Sunday so April the 8th

Some of the stuff the wife and I got up to last year....

The idea is its a competition to gain the most points in a 3 hour window, by answering clue's or questions at locations that you plot on a map... simple...

Aled send out some map references to you a few days before the scatter so that you can plot them on the map before you arrive on the day. This reduces the pressure on you having to work it out on the fly.. So you buy an OS map and plot the points using a roamer... sounds difficult but its not..
more info here http://www.thebasicroamer.co.uk/

So you turn up on the day with your points plotted, your map and pens oh and breakfast vouchers....

and what a view.

Cars ready for the start, you dont need a mini, so if its off the road your daily drive will do or even a hire car, Gumball style :)

After breakfast, Aled give out the clues, and points values for each of the points that you have mapped, he also give you a handful more to plot, these are special stops that are normally worth a high number of points and you have to hit them at a certain time, to make them more tricky.. You have 3 hours to collect as many points as you can. You cant hit all of the map plots due to the distance.

so what do you have to do...

Well the first big points haul was getting a pic of one of your crew ankle deep in the sea.. The wife took one for the team.

Onto a bridge we need a pic of us outside the car.. the bridge was a bit thin so we had to push the car on...

We needed a pic of a member hugging a sheep, so I jumped into the field but the sheep weren't too friendly,

Then onto a ford, again we need a pic out of the car more wet feet, this time for both of us as I needed to take the pic..

If your intrested get your name down. If you dont have a snowdon account I can put it on.

Graham

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

wez

1226 Posts
Member #: 9271
Post Whore

Stoke on Trent

how much does it cost to take part?

one day boost will be mine!

On 10th Mar, 2012 Joe C said:
TBH peple stick it everywhere... and theres merits to each...

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

maybe one for next year..

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

I have looked but I haven't found alice I think it was about £20 per car and that included two breakfasts! IMO it's cheap.

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

You can get your car ready it's weeks away :)

On 31st Jan, 2012 apbellamy said:

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

not likely lol. can hardly get in the garage atm....

On 31st Jan, 2012 gr4h4m said:

You can get your car ready it's weeks away :)

On 31st Jan, 2012 apbellamy said:

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

wez

1226 Posts
Member #: 9271
Post Whore

Stoke on Trent

provided i can pick up a mini i will be wanting to do this, sounds like a proper laff!

one day boost will be mine!

On 10th Mar, 2012 Joe C said:
TBH peple stick it everywhere... and theres merits to each...

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

Get them in quick... I think its going to be big this year..

The official entry form and regulations for this event are now online in pdf format. click this link http://wlh.me/entryform.pdf to download them. You will need adobe acrobat reader to open the file which is a free download from Adobe.com if you do not have it already installed.

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

A month to go anyone intrested... it would be good to see some turbo action

Home > Track, Drag & Race > Snowdon minis classic scatter
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: