Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > Ebay assistance?

metroturbo

806 Posts
Member #: 989
Post Whore

North Yorkshire

It is in the centre of London somewhere. Anywhere along the M62 corridor and I would have been popping in for a cup of tea and a chat.

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

Wahoo, finally last night I was able to escalate it to Ebay, did so, the reply said it could take up to 48hr to reach a decision. 10 min later and I get an email to say they have decided in my favour, I get a full refund including the post, and I also haven't got to send back the wing, not that its any use to me.
Now in some respects this is worrying as it shows how easy it is for genuine sellers to get abused, but having said that I reckon the seller deserves this, see below the trail of messages back and forth, I reckon I was reasonable enough.

Customer Support has opened a case for you.The seller has until 28 Feb, 2012 to respond. 19 Feb, 2012 at 21:39

Details you provided:
The item doesn't match the seller's description.
You have tried contacting the seller
You paid on 13 Feb, 2012
You entered the phone number 01234 567890
More comments: I contacted the seller through ebay. The seller stated there is nothing wrong with the item. On receipt of delivery the item is scratched dented and damaged, beyond use.
You did not give permission to share this phone number with the seller.
The best time to reach you is at '8am-8pm'.
The item is damaged
Additional information:
"Car body panel, listed as ready to paint and fit, in fact it is scratched, dented, damaged."
You wanted:
You prefer to return the item in exchange for a full refund.

The seller has responded to your case with other solution. 19 Feb, 2012 at 21:49

Seller's message:
"The wing has bee sold and sent as agreed in the auction. There was no description of condition so as described argument cant be deemed worthy o a refund. This item was sold for considerably less than you will find it anywhere else. I will not refund money that is not justifed"

You have responded to the seller. 19 Feb, 2012 at 21:56

Your message to the seller:
"I quote the sellers own description - "This an auction for a Genuine VW n/s wing in black primer. Ready to paint and fit" Scratched, dented, damaged, does not equal "Ready to paint and fit". The price paid has absolutely no bearing on the fact that you have sent me an item that is not as described. Refund required."

The seller has responded to your case with other solution. 19 Feb, 2012 at 22:50

Seller's message:
"NO REFUND Will be given. You have to prep any body panel before pant so dont try and be pedantic. You got a bargian so dont expect a freebe. NO refund"

You have responded to the seller. 19 Feb, 2012 at 23:00

"It is beyond repair. Severely creased to the point that it will not repair. As I stated before, the price paid has no bearing on the fact that you have supplied an item that is not fit for purpose. I do not expect as you put it "a freebie" but I do not expect to pay for an item that I cannot use. I will allow eBay to decide the outcome."

The seller has responded to your case with other solution. 20 Feb, 2012 at 00:26

Seller's message:
"This item is not beyond repair. There is nothing wrong with it. I will not refund any money for an item that dosent warrant a refund"

The seller has responded to your case with other solution. 20 Feb, 2012 at 00:33

Seller's message:
"This item is fit for purpose, it was sold as fit for purpose at a very very reasonable price compared to other panels listed and even a VW main dealer. I will therefore not issue a part or full refund. I would if I thought that this was a genuine case for a return of money. I described it in very simple terms, I did`t say it was immaculate or words to that effect as it is an unpainted in primer body panel. These panels are ment to be pre preped before painting and fitting. "

You have responded to the seller. 20 Feb, 2012 at 09:24

"As previously stated, the item is creased beyond repair. I accept the other scratches and marks and am fully aware that preparation is required. As also previously stated, the price paid does not preclude the requirement for me to receive an item that I can use. I will happily return this not fit for purpose item to you for a refund."

The seller has responded to your case with other solution. 20 Feb, 2012 at 09:41

Seller's message:
"I have sold the item, it is fit for purpose."

The seller has responded to your case with other solution. 26 Feb, 2012 at 16:16

Seller's message:
"Im not prepared to refund the buyer as I do feel that what is being accused is true. There is nothing wrong with the item at all. I will not refund whether it be partial or full. "

The seller has responded to your case with other solution. 26 Feb, 2012 at 17:42

Seller's message:
"I have called ebay this evening to make it clear that I will not be refunding any money partial or full. There is no reason for a refund as the item is fit for purpose and therefore as described. Any damaged alleged was not there before or during packaging to post and the level of packaging was suficient enough to protect the item against damage in transit. NO REFUND"

You have responded to the seller. 26 Feb, 2012 at 18:34

"The item is damaged. Please provide return details."

The seller has responded to your case with other solution. 26 Feb, 2012 at 20:09

Seller's message:
"No return of item as no refund is being given"

You have escalated the case to Customer Support. 28 Feb, 2012 at 22:22

Your message to Customer Support:
"The item was listed as new. On arrival with me in fact it is scratched dented and damaged. The seller refuses any refund. I have offered to return the item for a refund. I cannot use the item in the condition it is in, thus I require a refund. I am happy to send it back to the seller but the seller will not provide a return address."

Customer Support has refunded you through PayPal and the case is closed. 28 Feb, 2012 at 22:23

Refund information:
We issued you a £30.00 refund to the PayPal account that you used to purchase this item. Please log in to PayPal and view the history page if you don't see it in your PayPal balance.
Final decision:
The case has been closed in your favour.
Customer Support comments:
'You have been issued a courtesy refund by eBay.'

What a BAC! BUT; I have have feedback to leave, negative of course. Any sharp tongued bastards out there with a fitting feedback comment for BAC matey?

Edited by Tom Fenton on 29th Feb, 2012.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

take your phone number out of that Tom.

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

BENROSS

9812 Posts
Member #: 332
Resident Cylinder Head Modifier

Mitsi Evo 7, 911, Cossie. & all the chavs ...... won no problem

Yes! tom ....... YOU RAT BASTARD
i hope you DIE!!!!

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

*Rofl!* *Rofl!* *Rofl!* *Rofl!* *Rofl!*

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

Craigie-B

1492 Posts
Member #: 9468
Post Whore

Wootton Bassett

Lmao, glad it came down in your favour. I noticed at one point he didnt spell isnt correct so actaully said your comments were true "Im not prepared to refund the buyer as I do feel that what is being accused is true."

What a dick head.

On 10th Mar, 2012 theoneeyedlizard said:

Hypothetically speaking, where would you stick your nozzle?

On 22nd Jun, 2012 apbellamy said:
my wife doesn't know what.head is never mind compression ratio.

Home > General Chat > Ebay assistance?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: