Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Ebay items For Sale > Forged steel H beam Rods, cheap?

mw3

684 Posts
Member #: 9590
Post Whore

Derby

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Conrods-MG-Sprit...=item230e451387

Anyone using these? Look cheap and sound like theve got all the right ingredients to make a good rod?

any thoughts?

Matt W

On 14th Mar, 2012 mw3 said:
Got a nice big delivery from Carl at Force Racing today.

wez

1226 Posts
Member #: 9271
Post Whore

Stoke on Trent

these have been listed before and i think the general opinion was dont bother, but while browsing the other night i found these
http://www.twinkam.co.uk/shop/article_SC06...id%3DSC064.A%26

one day boost will be mine!

On 10th Mar, 2012 Joe C said:
TBH peple stick it everywhere... and theres merits to each...

1380rich

412 Posts
Member #: 9766

Warwickshire

I've been using the sc rods for a couple of years now and they've been fine, seen 10k+rpm when I've fucked up with no issues. Great value imo

Avon 2010 class c 3rd
Avon 2011 class c 2nd 13.8 @ 98mph

paul wiginton
Forum Mod

5933 Posts
Member #: 784
9 times Avon Park Class C winner

Milton Keynes

If they really are forged then theyre gonna be stronger than standard, lighter and no more expensive than working standard rods. Im of the opinion they cant be all bad, but Id only use 1 or 2 makes personally

I seriously doubt it!

BENROSS

9812 Posts
Member #: 332
Resident Cylinder Head Modifier

Mitsi Evo 7, 911, Cossie. & all the chavs ...... won no problem

i would opt for the SC ones these are well priced

if you were to go back say several years ago these type of rods were in the £600 plus range

mw3

684 Posts
Post Whore

Derby

Ive been looking at arrow or saenz, them came across these.

Just wondered if anyone had used them

Matt W

Paul R

4018 Posts
Member #: 1757
Back to Fucking Tool status

Swindon

If i had the money it would be arrow for me, but the sc one would do the trick, still not sure on the crank though.
If i could the arrow/swifty dc5 would be my only choice

Drives
-Ford S-max Mk2 Ecoboost
-Rover 100 VVC #2 - track project

Searching is all you need on TurboMinis

fastcarl

6962 Posts
Member #: 507
Fastest A Series Mini in the World

leeds/wakefield.

This topic has surely been done to death,

cranks and rods that appear cheap, are for a reason, theya re made in china, and don't let anyone tell you different,

these cheap cranks and rods are sold by retailers here in the uk and lots of other countries no doubt,

when the retailer claims the materail spec and contruction methods they are mearly repeating what they have ben told by the Asian manufacturer,each retailer will claim them as there own bespoke design , this will in most if not all cases be tosh,

now there is nothing to say these rods will not do the job, they simply are not as the Retailer says they are,

what you must try to understand is that 99% of the performance market suppliers do not make anyhting them selves , even though they suggest this on there respective web sites

in short, sales bullshit baffles the unsuspecting ,

WWW.FORCE-RACING.CO.UK PLEASE CLICK HERE

mw3

684 Posts
Post Whore

Derby

bullshit baffles brains

Matt W

wez

1226 Posts
Post Whore

Stoke on Trent

if these rods were being passed off as the british companys own then any failure caused by the rods would have to be covered by them, wouldnt it? after all they are there 'own' rods?

fastcarl

6962 Posts

leeds/wakefield.

Well it certainly never baffled my brain,

i get an email every week from Max speeding rods looking for business, they will even etch my own logo onto the rods so i can sell them as my own design brand, sound familiar? they will supply me a longer 6" rod from there stock,

i asked for a sample so i could have it PMI [ positive metal identification] but they didn't want to send one,

On 17th Mar, 2012 mw3 said:
bullshit baffles brains

Edited by fastcarl on 17th Mar, 2012.

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Member #: 9038
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

On 17th Mar, 2012 wez said:
if these rods were being passed off as the british companys own then any failure caused by the rods would have to be covered by them, wouldnt it? after all they are there 'own' rods?

thing is how many people would buy rods from a company called maxed speeding? especially for a mini. If it was me i'd rather buy them from a well known seller.....

wez

1226 Posts
Post Whore

Stoke on Trent

i think the point fastcarl was making is that the known uk brands are passing these rods of as there own. hence my reply. nothing to do with buying from max speeding.

On 17th Mar, 2012 hazpalmer said:

thing is how many people would buy rods from a company called maxed speeding? especially for a mini. If it was me i'd rather buy them from a well known seller.....

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Member #: 9038
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

i think the point fastcarl was making is that the known uk brands are passing these rods of as there own. hence my reply. nothing to do with buying from max speeding.

On 17th Mar, 2012 hazpalmer said:

i see his, point anyone could buy steel rods and pass them off as there own.

fastcarl

6962 Posts

leeds/wakefield.

Bingo Wez

Turbo Phil

4619 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

On 17th Mar, 2012 fastcarl said:

I get an email every week from Max speeding rods looking for business, they will even etch my own logo onto the rods so i can sell them as my own design brand, sound familiar? they will supply me a longer 6" rod from there stock

I get regular emails from them to offering me forged cranks & rods ! lol

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

group buy?! *Jester*

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

minimole23

4299 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

Surely even the chinese rods are gonna be more evenly weighted and lighter then the bl/rover rod.

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

almichie

824 Posts
Member #: 2065
Post Whore

Wiltshire

On 17th Mar, 2012 minimole23 said:
Surely even the chinese rods are gonna be more evenly weighted and lighter then the bl/rover rod.

They probably have better quality control than rover ever did...

On 7th Nov, 2011 apbellamy said:
Shaft seems nice and snug

On 24th Mar, 2012 apbellamy said:
no no no no, you need more boost! you can never ever come on here and say I have enough boost, that's just silly.

On 29th Mar, 2010 Star Mag said:
these give no problems with good head

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

you will find they are probably made out of old melted down rovers that we sent over there...

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

george91

1083 Posts
Member #: 8932
Post Whore

We know John at SC sells his con rods for a much cheaper price than the equivalent arrow rod, i would like to think that he would not put his name on them without being 100% sure that they are up to the job. What do people think about his? Worth their money?

Mr Joshua

2478 Posts
Member #: 1954
Post Whore

Luton Bedfordshire

I personally could not advise as to which product to buy but when manufacturers start throwing in all manner ndt terminology the alarm bells start to ring. I haven't heard or seen or used magnaflux since I was an apprentice. Hong Kong = China = no consumer rights. Gamble, but the odds are stacked well against you.

Own the day

1380rich

412 Posts
Member #: 9766

Warwickshire

On 18th Mar, 2012 george91 said:
We know John at SC sells his con rods for a much cheaper price than the equivalent arrow rod, i would like to think that he would not put his name on them without being 100% sure that they are up to the job. What do people think about his? Worth their money?

I was Sceptical but couldn't find any history of the sc rods failing, I think John must be confident they're up to the job ... Even one failure could cost him alot of business. No doubt there is some shite out there!

Avon 2010 class c 3rd
Avon 2011 class c 2nd 13.8 @ 98mph

robert

6743 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

On 18th Mar, 2012 1380rich said:

On 18th Mar, 2012 george91 said:

I was Sceptical but couldn't find any history of the sc rods failing, I think John must be confident they're up to the job ... Even one failure could cost him alot of business. No doubt there is some shite out there!

didnt john use these in some of his 9,000 rpm engines ?

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

BENROSS

9812 Posts
Member #: 332
Resident Cylinder Head Modifier

Mitsi Evo 7, 911, Cossie. & all the chavs ...... won no problem

yes, as carl says but as anyone heard of any makes failing ?

the standard rods are well up to the job, if you need to go faster over the 1/4 mile by 300mm then i would get a set .....lol

Home > Ebay items For Sale > Forged steel H beam Rods, cheap?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: