Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Non-Mini Projects > Craigs Volvo Turbo Clio - Maggie

Craigie-B

1492 Posts
Member #: 9468
Post Whore

Wootton Bassett

This is my current Clio project at the minute.

Guy on Clio16Valver called Chesh was selling his volvo turbo project so I snapped it up and it got delivered.

The engine is out of a volvo 480 turbo (engine code b18ft), its based on a renault f3p engine which is a 1.8 8v which was fitted to Clio RSi's as standard - therefore it pretty much bolts in and the conversion is really simple.

Heres some piccies of it on day 1:

Loads of parts in the boot:

But here was the whole reason I bought it:

Bit mouldy and a bit green, needs some work but for £270 - its worth it even if I break it for parts.

So dug out house mates jet wash and 2 1/2 hours later it came out like this:

Cleared all the stuff out:

Had to put it back in as there was no where else to put it all:

So yeah thats the car so far, made a list of what needs doing/buying and slowley cracking on.

:)

Me and my housemate Tom were trying to work out a way to see if the engine turned over so took off the rocker cover to see if the camshaft had an area to put a spanner on:

Eventually decided to jack it up and use a socket on the crank bolt - problem is the car is lowered so much I have to use a scissor jack to lift it up enough to get a regular jack under it.

So I've left the wiring and engine bay for when Reevio (Clio Forum Member) comes up to tidy it all up for me, but I've put the standard dogbone mount back on it and removed the coops one and me and my housemate Tom started looking at how to mount my bucket seats that I've had lying around since my 1.2

Looked at the standard runners and there too wide and one sits too high, so we thought about making our own brackets then remembered there was a spare saxo seat in the garage - took it out and found the runners were going to be pretty much spot on with a small amount of modification:

And today, I cleaned off the mould from the top dash:

A piccie of it on a sunny day

I figured since its been sat for 2 years I'd better freshen up the brakes soo off they came:

Calipers:

Knackered Discs:

Pads:

Pads look almost brand new tbh - would it be okay to re-use them??
Discs look really low especially in the grooves
Calipers move freely with no issues when the pads are taken out, and the bleed nipples came straight out - although one of them is bent at a 45 degree angle, does anyone know where I can get a new one from??

I moved on to finish re-fitting the original dogbone mount as it was a PITA the other day, went on really easy today - probably because I had more paitence, and a few different tools to use as well:

I fancied carryign on the green theme so took the green fag lighter out of the mini and basically mixed it witht he orange one from the clio as standard - spent 2 horus pissing around with it trying to make it fit the standard connector when i should of just lobbed the end off the plug and put some spade connectors on and save myself 2 hours, but nevermind:

And finally I thought I would show you all SOME of the dodgey wiring I have found throughout:

Im finding random parts of wiring looms have been cut - the plugs that go from the doors to the wing mirrors for example arn't there at all I have a spare ph2 door and that has the loom in but on the ph1 doors that are on the car there isnt any wiring at all plus it looks like it was never there.

This is how shes sitting now, leaving it on axel stands till its ready to get put on the deck again:

De-cat is on:

Painted center console black:

Edited by Craigie-B on 27th Apr, 2012.

On 10th Mar, 2012 theoneeyedlizard said:

Hypothetically speaking, where would you stick your nozzle?

On 22nd Jun, 2012 apbellamy said:
my wife doesn't know what.head is never mind compression ratio.

1293 sprite

536 Posts
Member #: 5449
Post Whore

Melton Mowbray

Where did this come from, loughborough area by any chance? Just looks familiar!

On 25th Sep, 2009 mini13 said:
cool, i'll pop over with my tool and some lube, lol

1293 88.8hp 82.2ftlb

17.3 1/4 @ 78 mph

Naturally Aspirated (for now)

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Track car?

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Craigie-B

1492 Posts
Member #: 9468
Post Whore

Wootton Bassett

it came from Bournemouth mate, but was on the road around 2009

Kind of apbellamy - ill be using it as a daily in winter - I plan to put the door cards and carpet back in :)

On 10th Mar, 2012 theoneeyedlizard said:

Hypothetically speaking, where would you stick your nozzle?

On 22nd Jun, 2012 apbellamy said:
my wife doesn't know what.head is never mind compression ratio.

tom130691

31 Posts
Member #: 9910

coventry

any updates ? *wink*

Home > Non-Mini Projects > Craigs Volvo Turbo Clio - Maggie
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: