Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Project "Marginal gains..."

Paul R

4018 Posts
Member #: 1757
Back to Fucking Tool status

Swindon

Just a quick one, the hubs you were going to use on page 2 or 3 were they rover metro/100 k-series items?

I am sure it's answered but I couldn't find it.

Paul

Drives
-Ford S-max Mk2 Ecoboost
-Rover 100 VVC #2 - track project

Searching is all you need on TurboMinis

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Member #: 9962
Post Whore

Hi Paul,

Yes they are Rover Metro 100 / MGF front knuckles / hubs and are still what I plan to use at least to start with 13", the 10" stuff is for another project

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

A trickle of progress on the all steel standard boot floor:

It's taking a while to get the fit right to the inner arches and the seat base and seat back.

The horizontal bars are just studding used to help as a reference for alignment and position

The exhaust is just for a clearance mock up

Cheers

Edited by Aubrey_Boy on 17th Oct, 2017.

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Very impressive

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

theoneeyedlizard

7261 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Lovely job

In the 13's at last!.. Just

stt

21 Posts
Member #: 9627

Did you manage to spend any more time on it over Easter?
Whatever happened to the midget project?

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

Hi Stt,

Unfortunately not, had some 'storm' damage after storm 'Doris' or whatever it was called and had to redo fencing after a 60ft tree fell which lead to more and more fencing... And then I've been looking for a new daily driver which has taken an age (I hate looking for cars) but it is hopefully sorted this Sunday if the viewing goes ok but no excuses after that....

Cheers

Vegard

7763 Posts
Member #: 74
I pick holes in everything..

Chief ancient post excavator

Norway

This is a great solution. Did you machine a new seat for the bleed nipple in the caliper? How? :)
What about using this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172407626522

On 17th Dec, 2016 Aubrey_Boy said:
XE Turbo on 10's? No, not exactly....

Cheers

Edited by Vegard on 12th May, 2017.

On 13th Jul, 2012 Ben H said:
Mine gets in the way a bit, but only when it is up. If it is down it does not cause a problem.

stt

21 Posts

I got all excited then, I thought it was an update lol

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

On 12th May, 2017 Vegard said:
This is a great solution. Did you machine a new seat for the bleed nipple in the caliper? How? :)
Cheers

Hi,

Yes it has a new seat machined using a mill, any decent machine shop should be able to do this, they obviously need to have the correct tooling to recreate the seat details and also need to know the internal position of the fluid galleries so as to position the new seat correctly.

But as with any safety critical part (even more so a brake caliper) I'd only entrust this to someone who knows exactly what they are doing and as such it's entirely at your own risk should you try and replicate it, please be careful.

I'd also check if it is a legal / permitted modification if it's for a race series, App K?

Cheers

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

Same here as far as Photobucket holding everyone to ransom, if it's for real it's just killed most of the build threads as it's an impossible task trying to recreate it all elsewhere from scratch......

robert

6743 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

yup ,hoping its a hack ..

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

graemec

940 Posts
Member #: 1424
Post Whore

Carnforth, Lancs

Nope - just looked on Photobucket.

The only 'plan' that allows third party hosting (ie embedded images in forums etc) is the top one - $39.99/mo or $399/yr!

Callum

450 Posts
Member #: 10396
Advanced Member Formerly mk2turbo

Stoke-on-Trent

I hope it is a hack but I think its more likely that photobucket are a bunch of greedy cunts. Same has happened to me

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

I've looked on PB and they have new terms and conditions listed stating they no longer offer free 3rd part linking so it looks real to me.

Trouble is if there is a mass exodus to other sites like flickr it could well be the same very quickly as they will just be inundated and will probably struggle to support such a massive spike in capacity. Anyone starting a new build I'd use the TM uploader but as far as existing build threads I'm not sure I can be bothered....

robert

6743 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

yup , i think i will prob just start a blog on a new site of my own ,and gradually transfer threads over ...then just link to the blog and leave the forums .

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

And it will really hurt this and all similar forums as far as them being a searchable resource, Imagine now using the search facility for past build threads or Tech chats, how to's etc.... to see how others did things, it's all just gone for those who uploaded via PB

robert

6743 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

i know , i was just thinking that , my gt17 ,clutch thoughts ,all my pioneering stuff ,rendered pretty useless .bit like watching my library of research set alight by corporate greed .

stt

21 Posts

I'll be sad not to be able to follow updates on this.
I remember this from the days of vauxsport!
What about a Facebook profile for the car with public viewing?

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

I really don't do FB, ironically this is the first weekend for ages I have made any progress, it's just a shame to see 44 pages of meaningless text now, but it's happened before, I forget who? Imageshack? I can't remember but the same happened.

I understand it was a free service (the way I used it anyway) and the business model may not have been sustainable but there are more endearing ways of dealing with the situation, rather than an overnight loss of everything and being unable to get back in to my own images.

I may use Flickr or imgur as a short term measure but that won't fix the rest of the build thread and no guarantee it won't happen all over again, maybe follow up Roberts suggestion of a new site of my own, but I came here as much to see what else was going on, past and present.

Edited by Aubrey_Boy on 1st Jul, 2017.

JetBLICK

243 Posts
Member #: 1261

Droitwich

On 30th Jun, 2017 Aubrey_Boy said:
And it will really hurt this and all similar forums as far as them being a searchable resource, Imagine now using the search facility for past build threads or Tech chats, how to's etc.... to see how others did things, it's all just gone for those who uploaded via PB

So True both of you.. its like a reset button on the last 10+ years

Research is going to be a nightmare now!

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

So I've fixed the images on the last few pages of the build just to see how much of a faff it was, it would take a fair time to fix it all.

Cheers

Callum

450 Posts
Member #: 10396
Advanced Member Formerly mk2turbo

Stoke-on-Trent

How do you insert the image from Flickr? Im struggling, it just keeps insert a link rather than an image

robert

6743 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

stick [i*g] and [/i*g] front and back of link ? with a m in place of the star .

Edited by robert on 2nd Jul, 2017.

Rob H

4314 Posts
Member #: 700
Formerly British Open Classic

The West Country

Can you not host the images here on TM?

Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:
Nothing is impossible if you are an Engineer

Home > Show Us Yours! > Project "Marginal gains..."
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password: