Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Project "Marginal gains..."

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Member #: 9962
Post Whore

On 2nd Jul, 2017 Callum said:
How do you insert the image from Flickr? Im struggling, it just keeps insert a link rather than an image

Go in to your photostream or album click on the image, the image enlarges and should give you some options in the bottom RH corner, one is a curved arrow for share:

Select what size and BBCode and there should be a lump of text already selected highlighted in blue:

It should look like this if you look at in a text editor:

Cheers

Edited by Aubrey_Boy on 5th Jul, 2017.

Callum

450 Posts
Member #: 10396
Advanced Member Formerly mk2turbo

Stoke-on-Trent

I could do but i also use the images on the mk1 forum, and not sure they would work on there?

On 2nd Jul, 2017 Rob H said:
Can you not host the images here on TM?

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Thanks, are you on a desktop or phone? I have the android app and there is no arrow for sharing options.

On 2nd Jul, 2017 Aubrey_Boy said:
On 2nd Jul, 2017 Callum said:
How do you insert the image from Flickr? Im struggling, it just keeps insert a link rather than an image

Go in to your photostream or album click on the image, the image enlarges and should give you some options in the bottom RH corner, one is a curved arrow for share:

Select what size and BBCode and there should be a lump of text already selected highlighted in blue:

It should look like this if you look at in a text editor:

Capture3 by Aubrey Boy, on Flickr

Cheers

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

I'm on a laptop

This is a screen grab, you see the curved arrow pointing to the right, dunno about the phone app sorry

Edited by Aubrey_Boy on 5th Jul, 2017.

stt

21 Posts
Member #: 9627

Where the updates!!!!!!!!!!!!

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Thanks mate, looks like its not an option on the app. Will have to get the old laptop out, thanks for your help

slater

1030 Posts
Member #: 1291
Post Whore

Suffolk / Birmingham

On chrome or Firefox just right click on the image and copy the link. Easy peasey and doesn't insert the spammy links after every picture too.

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

Took some photos today of the progress from a few weeks ago, after the Photobucket shannanigans I had to decide what I was going to do as far as continuing to maintain this build thread as it was essentially ruined without any images.

Over the last few weeks I've been rebuilding the thread a few pages per day and it is pretty well done now so hopefully all of my images are now fixed but quite a few shared images from others are still missing.

Anyway, a little bit of progress:

The boot floor and seatback are now fully welded in place, the seatback welded to the seat base, the inner arches. The boot floor is welded to the seatback and the inner arches.

I haven't used any seam sealer on any joins or filler elsewhere as yet.

The rear panel is just clamped in place just to check it all still fits after welding.

Next is the rear panel to the boot floor and rear quarters and also the rear quarters themselves need the wheel arch lip finishing off.

Cheers

Edited by Aubrey_Boy on 17th Oct, 2017.

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

looking very good

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

Thanks Jonny,

Just looking back at some old photos...

It's took far too long.....

Cheers

Edited by Aubrey_Boy on 17th Oct, 2017.

Rob H

4314 Posts
Member #: 700
Formerly British Open Classic

The West Country

On 21st Jul, 2017 Aubrey_Boy said:
Over the last few weeks I've been rebuilding the thread a few pages per day and it is pretty well done now so hopefully all of my images are now fixed but quite a few shared images from others are still missing.

Thank you for putting the effort in to restore all the images, I appreciate it's a long frustrating task which ultimately benefits the readers more than it benefits yourself.

PS the back of the car is looking good, I only managed to spot half the changes before you listed them so credit to making them look OEMish, I say ish as the panels fit is way too good for a true BMC OEM look.

Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:
Nothing is impossible if you are an Engineer

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

Thanks Rob,

It was a case of fix the build thread or abandon it as it bugged me seeing it as it was, I've got hundreds of photos taken over time but it's often faster to look back through my own build thread to find what I was looking for.

I think I've already mentioned it before but I was serving my apprenticeship at Rover / Longbridge when this car was originally built and as is the case with apprenticeships you get to do stints in several departments, I did some time in 'West works' which is where the Mini bodyshells were made and also paint process and the CABs assembly lines so maybe I'm fixing some of my own 'wrongs' but if not it was originally made by people I knew and worked with which is a nice touch.

So I'll consider it my personal penance to put this one 'right' albeit with no time constraints unlike back in the day :)

Cheers

Edited by Aubrey_Boy on 22nd Jul, 2017.

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Looks really good.. a thanks from me too for the effort with the pics

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

theoneeyedlizard

7260 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

You've definitely achieved your goal of keeping it looking factory.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

Cheers Mr Lizard,

Well until someone opens the bonnet...

robert

6743 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

quite amazing.

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

evolotion

2909 Posts
Member #: 83
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

I love this. staring at the boot for ages before I even noticed the forward angle on the towers, never mind the boot floor or widened arches. superb

turbo 16v k-series 11.9@118.9 :)

Denis O'Brien.

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

Cheers Roberto, cheers Denis

I hope to get back to the more interesting end soon

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

Unfortunately light duties only at the moment meaning no more than an hour or so in the garage, so not much progress, a bit of etch primering done with a bit of high build in other areas,

Full droop:

Full bump:

Worked through the various wheel and tyre options again for clearance checks at full bump:

I've got to extend the outer edge of the inner arch to form the 90 degree return lip once I've finalised the outer arch lip shape, which is why this currently looks a bit of a mess where the two meet.

This is full bump with the easiest wheel / tyre to package

Full bump from underneath:

Cheers

Edited by Aubrey_Boy on 18th Aug, 2017.

Kean

2406 Posts
Member #: 341
aka T2clubby

South Staffs

Looking good mate. Are the Protecs ok inverted?

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

Cheers mate

Yeah they are fine upside down as shown here and on their side as they are at the front as the inboard coilovers

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

Just finishing all the details in the boot area but it's all adding up time wise....

giannoutsos

166 Posts
Member #: 8952
Advanced Member

Athens Greece

What wheels are those? Are you going to use them?
Thanks john

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Post Whore

Hi John,

They are Minispares 4.5J 'ST' S offset

madmk1

5417 Posts
Member #: 6181
Double hard bastard

brookwood woking

Hi mate,

Don't suppose you have the weight of the the rim and tyre for the rose petal V the ST rim ?

I have started posting on Instagram also my name on there is turbomk1golf

Nothing is impossible it just costs more and takes longer.

On 1st Nov, 2007 Ben H said:
There is no such thing as 'insignificant weight saving', it all adds up.

Home > Show Us Yours! > Project "Marginal gains..."
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: