Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > CNC Billet Injector Bosses and Manifold

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

Coming from below would mean that the nice cool inlet air has to pass close to the manifold and turbo. Not good.

Runner length is fundemental to achieving good VE. I would make them even longer if I could.

Could a moderator please move this post to the EFi section, as it will be a while till I get prices sorteed. Thanks.

Edited by Paul S on 31st May, 2012.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Paul, i was trying to calculate how many cc's per port i would need for say 200 and 250bhp but i have no idea how to calculate the pulse widths of said injectors, what sort of figures have you been working too?

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

Carl S
Forum Mod

1927 Posts
Member #: 1761
Stalker

Bristol

Moved for you Paul.

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

mm guess i did not think that threw paul good point

stevieturbo

3574 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

On 29th May, 2012 Paul S said:

You can now get high impedance 1600cc/min pencil injectors, but I'm not sure of the performance at low pulse widths.

The 1600cc ones, usually shorties are gas injectors they modify for petrol use. Not ideal and why Injector Dynamics stopped using them.

They only sell the ID1000 and ID2000 now.

I recently fitted a set of 2000's to a car as the 1000's were too small. And quite amazed to see it still idles happily at stioch !! Very impressed with them.
That's with Motec

2000's only come in the shorty style, but usually have adaptors for the normal length fitments.

As for the original item. What about making a wooden or similar prototype and having them cast ? They'd still require some final machining, but might work out a lot cheaper.

Edited by stevieturbo on 3rd Jun, 2012.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

could get a stainless buck printed...

http://www.shapeways.com/

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

I'm in Burgundy at the moment, so do not have access to my records.

The build guide gives you some guidance. The Miglia is using about 220 lb/min per port for that sort of power.

On 2nd Jun, 2012 Brett said:
Paul, i was trying to calculate how many cc's per port i would need for say 200 and 250bhp but i have no idea how to calculate the pulse widths of said injectors, what sort of figures have you been working too?

Edited by Paul S on 6th Jun, 2012.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

jbelanger

1267 Posts
Member #: 831
Post Whore

Montreal, Canada

On 6th Jun, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm in Burgundy at the moment, so do not have access to my records.

The build guide gives you some guidance. The Miglia is using about 220 lb/min per port for that sort of power.

Paul,

Do you remember what BSFC and duty cycle you were using to come up with that number. That seems to be about 50% more than what I would expect.

Jean

http://www.jbperf.com/

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

It was based on the 998Ti that have 120hp from 960cc/min per port with a max 8ms pulse

Frog.aye

17 Posts
Member #: 9903

Northern California

Paul,
I could be interested in a pair of these. Depending on the cost....
Hal

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

thanks Paul, i did find some answers in yours and Rods build guide and 998t datalogs aswell

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

In sorting out the CAM software for the billett bosses, Sturgeo has found a full working version of the SW Flow Simulation software.

Now if I can get him away from the football, we might soon have a full transient flow simulation based on the data from the engine simulation.

Stay tuned folks.

Edited by Paul S on 24th Jun, 2012.

sturgeo

857 Posts
Member #: 1778
Post Whore

Northants

The ability to borrow a license in solidworks license administrator is rather helpfull :)

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Simulation video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...0&v=Wf4u7L2Qt60

Pretty poor video, but the SW built in renderer refused to oblige so we have had to improvise.

You can see the firing order 1, 3, 4, 2.

minivan63

114 Posts
Member #: 9645
Advanced Member

South Wales

Have you made any progress with these Paul or are you waiting to get your mill up and running first?

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Tried to get quotes from 2 local companies but without success.

So pushing ahead with converting my mill to CNC and making them myself. Just placed the orders for the parts for the long travel conversion.

Edited by Paul S on 16th Jul, 2012.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Oh, and we are working on a carb version of the manifold.

minivan63

114 Posts
Member #: 9645
Advanced Member

South Wales

Good stuff, thanks for the update.

Where would the carb go then - in place of the plenum or would you retain the plenum?

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

The plenum is fundemental to the design, EFI or carb.

Carb would go above the transfer case.

JC

5 Posts
Member #: 10062

Any progress here?

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

No, been cycling round France.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Except, I've so far spent nearly a grand on CNC kit.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Latest update on this is that the Mill is now converted to CNC and we are working on the G-Code to start making a couple of prototype injector bosses.

We are just going to use the Mill in 3-axis for now. It will mean making a jig to hold the part, but will use far less material. We will also be using a piece of 38mm OD beaded pipe, "Durafix" welded in for the inlet connection, so much the same as I made for the Mig.

First batch will have 2-injector pockets as that should be enough for up to 200hp with a couple of 800cc/min pencil injectors in each. It will mean a single fuel rail and simpler fuel delivery pipework.

3-injector pocket version will follow if anyone is interested, let me know.

If anyone is still interested, please PM me and we can discuss your requirements.

I'm also working on the fuel rails and plenums and will be ordering materials soon.

Edited by Paul S on 6th Nov, 2012.

Johnny

1183 Posts
Member #: 6926
Post Whore

Accrington

speaking of fuel rails, if your ordering parts, as in them universal lengths of rail then i would want some of that on its own if you have any spare. (dash 8)

Cheers

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

I'm already well stocked with Dash 6 rail which is plenty big enough.

Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > CNC Billet Injector Bosses and Manifold
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: