Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Supercharged Pickup

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

On 3rd Aug, 2012 remko said:
As I use a weber-style throttle body it's not possible to use speed density as a single table. I use an alpha-n table (TPS) and from manifold pressure 70 I will sum that with a speed density table. I don't think the problem with megalogviewer is licence, but the fact that I use a combination of 2 ve tables.

You could be right, it's not a combination that I would ever have thought of using.

But I do use two (different) VE tables as, apart from injection timing, it's one of the ways to balance inner and outer AFRs, and I have no problem with data/displays.

More interestingly though, if you don't measure inners and outers - and are running the siamese code - how do you decide where to set the individual inj timing and VE values ?

The fabrication looks very neat by the way but if you are trying to do port injection I personally would have put the injectors a lot closer to the ports and removed the balance pipe (but that would then make speed/density hard to read...).

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

remko

75 Posts
Member #: 1956
Advanced Member

Using the 2 tables wasn't my idea either, the guy at BS-autotune came with the idea and it seams to work.
How can I tell megalogviewer to use both tables together for calculation? I assume you tune the 2 ve-tables separately?

You're right about the inner and outer difference. I now have the same injection values for the inner and outer. We played with a stroboscope and the injector signals to set up the timing. For now it's fine, but I will have to find a way two extra lambda-sondes in the exhaust manifold... I don't think it's possible to add another lambda-sonde to my KDFI. Another reason to buy a MS in the future!
How did you setup the timing of the injection? What values did you come up with?

Thanks for the compliment! The 'balance' pipe is not a pipe, it's solid... Speed/density is now hard to read, as I only use 1 pickup point. I have to drill another and combine those two for the ECU. I now have a very unstable signal...

Regards,
Remko

Yo-Han

967 Posts
Member #: 3228
Post Whore

North of the Netherlands

Remko, have a look at this thread by Paul S for hooking up two O2 sensors:
http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=298967

Not sure about KDFI and two O2 sensors, I think it is possible maybe involves adding some parts.

Dazed and Confused....

remko

75 Posts
Advanced Member

Update:

Have been buzy rebuilding my house during the winter, but with the IMM italy in sight I have to improve the pickup!

Have now removed the engine to cope with some problems:

- 2nd lambda sensor. I will drill a 2nd lamda sensor hole directly in the exhaust manifold to temporary put the 2nd lamda sensor. Just for adjusting the sequential timing. After that I use only the one in the downpipe.

- Turbo oil return has to be improved. I will weld a pipe in the top op the diff housing.

- Balance hose for the speed-density reading, it's now only the signal of 1 port.

- Return pipe from the oil catch tank. I did remove the 'muffler' on the sump breathers for space and now it splashes oil into the oil catch tank....

- New hole for temp sensor. I now used the heater hole in the top of the block, but I want to restore the heater function...

- Maybe change the diff to improve long distance comfort. I drive now a 3.2 diff. What are you guys running?

Hopefully in a few weeks I will be able to run the pickup again. Wil post some more pictures soon!

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

NICE! mate ive always loved the ute and body hard to get one over in Aussie land..

remko

75 Posts
Advanced Member

Overhere in Holland it's not easy too.... I was just very lucky someone offered me one :)

remko

75 Posts
Advanced Member

Update:
Put te engine in the Pickup again a few weeks ago and started it. First it looked fine, but then I found a huge oil leakage somewhere. After some research it came from the inlet side of the turbo. Probably the ebay-kit doesn't seal proparly.

Solution:
Get my front mounted supercharger kit from the shelf and put it in the Pickup!

Everything is mounted and connected in 2 days, but when I tried to start it, the battery was empty....

To be continued

Edited by remko on 20th Apr, 2013.

remko

75 Posts
Advanced Member

Update:

Last year I mounted a front mounted supercharger blowing throug an metro-turbo SU. That didn't work out very good. I had it running just in time to go to IMM Italy, but never made it. Problems with fuel supply.

After all the problems last year I started trying to do things right. Below my new setup:

- Front mounted Eaton supercharger
- MR2 aluminium intercooler
- Corrado G60 throttle body with build in mechanical 'dump valve' to get rid of the air at closed throttle
- Mini MPI inlet manifold with 1200cc injectors

Just got it running today, but not well yet. Have some work with Megatune first....

Will post some pictures soon

Regards,
Remko

Nick warwick

537 Posts
Member #: 8926
Post Whore

Sheffield

awesome looking pick up remko

remko

75 Posts
Advanced Member

It's been a while since I updated this post. I changed the setup since last post. Removed injection, went to more retro Hiff44.

Current setup is as following:
1275 with flowed head (35.6 inlet, 29 outlet) and Kent 276 camshaft
Front mounted supercharger (0,5 bar / 7psi)
Side mounted Toyota MR2 intercooler
Volkswagen G40 recirculation valve
Blow through Hiff44
DIS coil
KDFI ECU

Finally it runs like it should! Loads of torque, perfect drivability over total range and full throttle power is great! *hehe!*

Have been on the dyno last weekend to optimize spark advance. Result: 120Bhp and 160Nm. Torque curve very flat from 2500 till 5500 Rpm. Very happy with this result!

For now this is great, but improvements already planned for coming winter:

Upgrade to 1380 engine with lowered compression
Upgrade to smaller pulley (0,5 to 0,75bar boost)

Edited by remko on 6th Oct, 2020.

Bill

51 Posts
Member #: 10080
Advanced Member

Holland, Eindhoven

Looks good but sounds much better.

Yo-Han

967 Posts
Member #: 3228
Post Whore

North of the Netherlands

Gaaf!
Very nicely done!

On 6th Oct, 2020 remko said:
It's been a while since I updated this post. I changed the setup since last post. Removed injection, went to more retro Hiff44.

Current setup is as following:
1275 with flowed head (35.6 inlet, 29 outlet) and Kent 276 camshaft
Front mounted supercharger (0,5 bar / 7psi)
Side mounted Toyota MR2 intercooler
Volkswagen G40 recirculation valve
Blow through Hiff44
DIS coil
KDFI ECU

Finally it runs like it should! Loads of torque, perfect drivability over total range and full throttle power is great! *hehe!*

Have been on the dyno last weekend to optimize spark advance. Result: 120Bhp and 160Nm. Torque curve very flat from 2500 till 5500 Rpm. Very happy with this result!

For now this is great, but improvements already planned for coming winter:

Upgrade to 1380 engine with lowered compression
Upgrade to smaller pulley (0,5 to 0,75bar boost)

Dazed and Confused....

remko

75 Posts
Advanced Member

Today I switched to a smaller pulley.
It really makes a huge difference! Now I really need to hold the wheel with 2 hands 😊
Stdandard pulley gave me 0,5 bar of boost. This one gives me a little over 0,7 bar boost!

e5tus

428 Posts
Member #: 10128

Dorset

Are you planning a trip back to the rollers? Be interesting to see the numbers now. But sounds like the butt dyno is working!

remko

75 Posts
Advanced Member

Back to the rollers is certainly the plan. Probably only after summer during MiniProjects dyno day!

Home > Show Us Yours! > Supercharged Pickup
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: