Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > OT - the new shed

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

Our workshop is a good 20min drive from the house and therefore not so convenient for tinkering time particulalry during the week and now with the addition to the family, time is not on my side.

Ever since moving into the house, I've always talked about building a garage, however implications with ground levels and the one that should be obeyed, I've had to restrict the building to a half decent shed. The plan is that I can tinker on smaller elements of the mini builds and then take them to the workshop at the weekend to fit up. You know all the little time consuming bits and painting stuff. I can't justify a gallon of deisel to run up to the workshop to put a coat of paint on something for 10 mins and then leave again.

We got the garden landscaped earlier in the year and formed a base a few months back in anticipation. I've been collecting timber from various work projects over the past couple of years to keep the costs down.

Anyway, started the frame on Sunday and managed to get the roughing done;

I've picked up a couple of windows off ebay and hoping to get a double timber doorset off gumtree tonight. Its all going to be insulated and I've got 100mm insulation below the slab as well so should be toastie during the winter.

Cladding is ordered and will be delivered later in the week so looks like i'll get on with it at the weekend.

Kean

2406 Posts
Member #: 341
aka T2clubby

South Staffs

Good stuff, cant beat a nice workspace

mercenary62

641 Posts
Member #: 9937
Post Whore

somewhereintheuniverse near selkirk scotland

gr8 job mate i have to work out of a 10 x 8 ft shed ,il never buy a house without room for a garage again

give em hell

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Looks good, but how are.you going to get to attach the clading on the sides close to your boundary?

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

we did have room for the garage (the shed is the size of a single). just access a bit more problematic

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

the frame isn't fixed down yet; with a bit of help, I'll lift it out around 1m to allow me to get in to clad the 2 sides; once I've done them, I'll re-position and finish the other 2 sides. I've selected a cladding that shouldn't need treatment on going so no ongoing access issues

On 4th Sep, 2012 apbellamy said:
Looks good, but how are.you going to get to attach the clading on the sides close to your boundary?

minimole23

4303 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

On 4th Sep, 2012 Rob Gavin said:
the frame isn't fixed down yet; with a bit of help, I'll lift it out around 1m to allow me to get in to clad the 2 sides; once I've done them, I'll re-position and finish the other 2 sides. I've selected a cladding that shouldn't need treatment on going so no ongoing access issues

Make sure you creosote the rear panels to death, its not like you'll be able to do it again.

Here is my latest erection. Just need to add the gutter and its done.

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

The cladding as supplied has a 30 year life without further treatment. I selected it on the basis I'll not be able to get to it long term

On 4th Sep, 2012 minimole23 said:

Make sure you creosote the rear panels to death, its not like you'll be able to do it again.

Here is my latest erection. Just need to add the gutter and its done.

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

Man on a galloping horse could think that was the Lambs Arse

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

apbellamy

16540 Posts
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

On 4th Sep, 2012 Sprocket said:
Man on a galloping horse could think that was the Lambs Arse

I thought exactly the same thing!

i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

I take it jim is still the landlord then!

maccamcvey

847 Posts
Member #: 6673
Post Whore

Worral Sheffield

can't beat a nice work space for a bit of tinker time while the mrs is watching shitty soaps.

Miniwilliams

5329 Posts
Member #: 140
Proven 200+bhp & Avon Park 05,06,07 Class D 3rd place

looks nice and big mate, i'm sure you will fill it soon!

Best 1/4 mile 13.2 seconds @116 mph
First 5 port miniturbo to make over 200 bhp on a carb?
First 5 port miniturbo to make over 200 bhp on Injection?

http://www.mattwoodsphotography.com

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

I'm sure you are right! The wife is already working out what can be evicted from the house!

apbellamy

16540 Posts

I take it jim is still the landlord then!

Yep. new premises under construction. you'll find the lambs arse on facefook

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

well progress has been a bit slow due to work, holidays and a bad back in the last few months. Currently, the shell is up and I'm just waiting on the roofer to do his bit to make it 100% watertight. Internally, I'm working on the electrical first fix before I line the ceiling and walls. I'm going with a ply ceiling (painted) and OSB walls which I'll seal with varnish/laquer.

Woodburner is sitting ready for install too!

Sir Yun

510 Posts
Member #: 1592
Smart Guy!

mainland europe near ze germans

tres chic!

That sir, is not rust, it is the progressive mass reduction system

http://aseriesmodifications.wordpress.com/

apbellamy

16540 Posts

nice

*hehe!*

adrian

432 Posts
Member #: 2726

wakefield

Very nice mate, my work space is agood 20 minute thrash away so put a nice shed up at my place for tinkering (and a small one for our lasses crap)
Adrian

wolfie

8215 Posts
Member #: 90
Post Whore

Somewhere around Swindon

i need to sort a small shed so i can evict lisa's gardening shit out my garage

Crystal Sound Audio said:

Why wolfie...you should have your name as Fuckfaceshithead !

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."-Douglas Adams

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

Ha ha ha neil!! I have the exact same problem!!

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

apbellamy

16540 Posts

I need to make a new shed, the one with all our gardening crap in it is too small and far from water tight...

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

seems to be a common issue then. The wife wants to keep all the gardening stuff in the shed as well; obviously hasn't got the idea of what it is for yet!

adrian

432 Posts
Member #: 2726

wakefield

Yep, my garden crap is all thrown in my little one too. Along with garden furniture.
Also everytime I mention to our lass im off to the shed she tells me a load of she wants putting in! Cheeky bitch, it just gets left on the kitchen table.
:)

mercenary62

641 Posts
Member #: 9937
Post Whore

somewhereintheuniverse near selkirk scotland

i solved the above problems by evicting her into the kin shed ,peace at last

give em hell

Home > Show Us Yours! > OT - the new shed
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password: