Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > OT - the new shed

vegar

520 Posts
Member #: 189
Post Whore

Norway

Thats exactly my garage is known in our household as a work shop *wink* She have tryed to put some bicycles and garden stuff in there, but I have promptly put that in other areas like basement and garden shed :)

www.shag.no

fastcarl

6962 Posts
Member #: 507
Fastest A Series Mini in the World

leeds/wakefield.

I have an almost fully equiped comercial workshop away from home and only my shite goes in it,lol

WWW.FORCE-RACING.CO.UK PLEASE CLICK HERE

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

On 7th Nov, 2012 fastcarl said:
I have an almost fully equiped comercial workshop away from home and only my shite goes in it,lol

Bollox. You haven't even got a kettle!

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

that is so you stop hanging about putting him off his work!

On 8th Nov, 2012 apbellamy said:
On 7th Nov, 2012 fastcarl said:

Bollox. You haven't even got a kettle!

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Rab, you're famous!

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthre...is-I-don-t-even

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

That is some seriously bad work. Perhaps the builder moved to the states after his run-in with Wiggy

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

well following on from Paul's mancave makeover, I thought I'd update on the epic build. It has taken me far longer than I'd first planned but my free time is simply not too plentiful and I've distracted by getting the turbo finished for MITP.

Anyway, I got a bit of enthusiasm again over the Easter weekend and pretty much got the outside finished. Inside, I've lined out with 12mm ply - I was going to use sterling board to save a bit of cash but I managed to get a bulk deal from one of my suppliers. The finish is a bit red but hopefully it will dull down in time.

The floor is not finished yet. I need to make up my mind whether to lay a ply overlay, screed or tile. Tiles may sound a bit OTT but the place is going to double as a garden room so finishes count.

I still need to fit our all my storage. I've started with the bench which I've made out of 8x2 joists which I've biscuit jointed to make up a worktop. I still need to rub these over with the sander to smooth off and haven't decided how to finish them yet. The plan is to fit doors to the areas under the bench so everything can be kept out of sight.

The most important tool is also installed; the wood burner - to say it is good is an understatement! I've been using it to get rid of the rubbish that has accumulated during the build and have had to open up the doors and windows as it was too warm. To be honest, I think it is warmer in the shed than in the house.

I really need to focus on getting it finished now...

paul wiginton
Forum Mod

5933 Posts
Member #: 784
9 times Avon Park Class C winner

Milton Keynes

Youre inspiring me to build my shed now for all my clutter. Hopefully be on it in a few weeks.

Liking your build

I seriously doubt it!

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Can I suggest that you get a couple of coats of white emulsion on that ply -it makes a huge difference and its easy to re-coat if it gets grubby in some areas

MikeRace

6549 Posts
Member #: 1149
#1 Basshunter Fan

Force Racing ICT Dept Manager Miglia Turbo Am frum Yokshyer tha noes!

Ill have to pop some pics up of my shed, it looks like someting out of a Favella!

1/4 Mile 14.3secs 96Mph Terminal 10psi of boost.

Fibreglass Parts? - http://www.tdkracing.co.uk/
Split Rims? - http://www.force-racing.co.uk/

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

I'm going to seal the ply but leave it natural as I prefer the look; having said that, I have thought about fitting splashbacks around the bench areas that can be -repainted or cleaned

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Followed the link from evads shed to here..

Just wanna know if its still functional or full of all the non-workshop stuff thats been mentioned *smiley*

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

Its a good bit tidier and more organised. Kids stuff is in the playhouse. Beer fridge is currently empty though

Home > Show Us Yours! > OT - the new shed
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: