Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Josh's turbo 1098cc carburetion sucks lets try EFI

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

Yes happened to me.... as John and Andy LOVE to point out LOL

I think part of the reason mine failed was that oil leaked onto the belt, I dont think they like that.

Also I cant belive that such tiny teeth are used, I did start looking at making my own kit with a decent sized belt tooth using the VVC belt form an MGF but just couldnt be arsed in the end and just fitted a chain.

Kev (Drmini) on ausminis is a good guy to ask about belts, I'm positive he sourced some good quality ones from somewhere.

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

On 28th May, 2013 Joe C said:
Yes happened to me.... as John and Andy LOVE to point out LOL

In all fairness, I haven't mentioned it for some time as it was getting a bit old and you seemed to be getting sick of it.

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

I think this is only the 2nd time I have mentioned it too *smiley*

We just use you to warn others of the potential pitfalls.

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

theoneeyedlizard

7263 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Joe loves this :)

In the 13's at last!.. Just

Joe C

12307 Posts
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

Its all just banter LOL

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

that's fair crappy man id be so angry if i did that much damage to my motor that said i think i might give the shengineering belt kit a go looks good ill find out some more info first tho from eople that are/have used it of cause

all in good fun the whole bringing up the past haha

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

so ive built up my HIF44 turbo carb and the metro challenge T3 should be good to rock but i have decided not to cut the fire wall so will now be makeing up some moaifolds to put it some place else probaly over the clutch cover what size pipe should be used for this im planing on pre bent pipes for this and comeing up with a nice merge collector anyone know where i could get some nice plates for each end turbo and head also what seams to be a good length of pipe in between?
also gave the box a good scrubbin it will get a another bath before its back together i was looking for a 2.76:1 or 2.95:1 but it was sold from under me lol anyway i dono what ill do for a diff might just put the 3.733:1 in have some fun then swap it out for something much better lol
just gota order some parts for the box and find a bloody crank! ill be much happier with a long block built up

norm74

54 Posts
Member #: 2819
Advanced Member

south east, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

looking good, keep up the good work *happy*

everybody likes free stuff

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

If you really want a taller diff, buy one on eBay and get it posted to me/apbellamy and we can send it out with those cranks.

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

thanks
john all good a just said stuff it and bought a bounch of bits from MS inc a 2.95:1 diff said to myself whats the point in being silly with the short diff ill end up paying for it no doubt more that the cost of a sensible diff ratio..

i have decided not to cut the wall now so will be sorting out the pipe work for a side mount depending on space i might opts for a liquid to air charge cooler that whould make some nice short IC pipeing too also gets the heat transfer rad right up in the air stream
i have some ideas from what others have done on here as to how i think id like mine to be so im looking forward to some mig time

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

Looking good.

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Member #: 10190
Post Whore

belgium

Over the clutch cover... bit like the janspeed setup?

you can do anything if you set your mind to it...
i rather blow it up winning than keep it together losing.

finish date set for project 1... march 2018

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

glad you've got the diff sorted. I'd echo what John suggested; if you ever need anything from this side of the world, you have many friends at TM who would happily help out with getting stuff sent over

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

thanks guys ill keep that in mind
yeah like the janspeed side mount one probably a bit different in shape tho as i have a hif44 and also will be making the intake manifold

norm74

54 Posts
Member #: 2819
Advanced Member

south east, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Benjamin on Ausmini makes a manifold that sits the turbo down behind the motor. Im going to be making my own manifold that sits the turbo down behind. Im using a t2 on a 1100. If that helps. There is a guy in Sydney thats running a turbo over the clutch housing. Ill try and find a pic of the manifold for you. do you have an intercooler yet i just pick up a Nissan 180sx one for $40. It's nice a small i will measure it up for you over the weekend. It will fit the front a clubby pretty easy.

Edited by norm74 on 26th Jun, 2013.

everybody likes free stuff

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

some things i have been thinking about lately
making my own intake manifolds for the HIF44 turbo crab from mild steel going to try some ram charging and or wave tuning
valve sizes for the head i thinking 33/29mm rim flow think i need to shim them i measured the guide center line to be 33mm so my thinking is ill have a 2mm gap between valves i dont know if that ok? how much space do seats need?
i got the car up on the stands today and had a look at the under side of the car to run a ret fuel line i was reading up that 8/8 and 8/10 feed/ret seems to be the go now i have a stainless steel solid line atm its about 4.8mm ID 6.3mm OD so has anyone used a feed pipe that size and say an 8mm OD ret ? id like to use the existing 4.8/6.3mm would it be possible to just measure the flow rate and if its over a number its good for so much HP?
i also found movement when pulling at the wheels i had suspected this as it was getting a bit dicey to drive lol
the lower suspension arm pin and nut worked lose and mangled the pin and probably hole as well = ( so will order new pins and stuff i hope the frame is ok or ill be stuck fixing it i will be split pining it on the new ones for sure
also the top ball joints need re shimming and my not so old extra long thread steering rack ball joints are goosed! not real happy about that also the rack is a bit crap too so might be replaced as well yet to see if there is adjustment in it?
found that the ball joint dust cover where all cracked but still soft? any way they are no good same as the outer cv boots! both where replaced about 12ths ago i think that's a piss poor effort should last a lot longer i think!
also plan to get the die grinder onto the drive shaft holes so i can get the drive shafts out when built up = )
on Monday i will take my drawing in to the lazer cutters and see what they say hopefully they do a good price lol

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

started on my manifold this arvo made the collector and one of three branches but may need to alter the branch ive made as i might struggle getting equal lengths the longest one may be to short to get all the bends in for the other two for equal lengths javascript:void(0)

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

this is where im at its 1.6mm wall mild steel 1 1/4" and 2" pipe

apbellamy

16540 Posts
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

That looks good.

i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

theoneeyedlizard

7263 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Looks good, but do you really want equal lengths when the middle port is fed by two cylinders? Genuine question. Just thinking of an LCB for instance.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Maybe use a larger diameter tube for the middle one??

*hehe!*

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

might make the center slightly shorter but i dont think ill go bigger as the collector is three 1 1/4" 45s all ready the center fires 180 apart so i didn't see it being a problem
im mostly concerned about gas speed and temperature the long lengths should give good low end i hope anyway.. i will be at the least heat wrapping the exhaust might get a turbo blanket and ceramic coating like ben did it looks sweet and preforms a task any way i ran out of pipes lol

Joe C

12307 Posts
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

Wow, thats a bunch of bannana's!

My understanding is either bring the outer 2 cylinders together into one pipe as soon as possible (ie LCB) or keep them totally seperate and all the same length, as said all the cylinders fire at different times so shouldnt interact too much, I belive the reason for the larger centre branch is not due to having the flow of two cylinders through it, but just because it runs hotter, so the gas is less dense and takes up more room.

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

i see joe cold air is more dense
maby i could duble lag the outer cylenders and single lag the center cylenders lol or just put a slightly larger pipe in if its a known thing?

Joe C

12307 Posts
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

I thing for a turbo I wouldnt worry too much, those pipes look big enough as is, I would lag the whole lot though, a lot of pipe work there to radiate heat.

Home > Show Us Yours! > Josh's turbo 1098cc carburetion sucks lets try EFI
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: