Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Good Garages & Parts Suppliers > controlfreq.co.uk ( alarm stuff )

stevieturbo

3575 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

Maybe a little random and not car related, but thought it worthwhile to mention after reading about a few break ins and thefts over the past year in peoples garages.

After an attempted break in at a property I own, I decided I needed some security there. So on top of an alarm, I bought a GSM dialler from these guys.

www.controlfreq.co.uk

It seemed complicated to set up at first, but they were more than helpful in explaining it all. You program all the parameters into the SIM card memory, and that's how it is set up. You can either do it manually, or by sending text messages to the unit.

Basically the dialer itself could be used in conjunction with some PIR's and a siren etc for a standalone alarm system that you can control via your phone. Or you can integrate it into an alarm system
The one I bought has 4 inputs, and 4 outputs. And you can be alerted via SMS or recorded message, and up to 10 numbers in total.

Likewise, the 4 outputs are controlled via your phone or triggered based on the inputs. So they could be used for security lighting, sounding alarms etc.

Not overly cheap, but it will give you some peace of mind that should there be an intruder, you will get warning.

But it is basically an alarm system on it's own without needing a full alarm system.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

Home > Good Garages & Parts Suppliers > controlfreq.co.uk ( alarm stuff )
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: