Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > yeah.. another T piece question..

Mike

1171 Posts
Member #: 107
Post Whore

Sunny Sussex

just been looking at older posts but just want one question answered once and for all!!

Is using a T piece instead of a feed directly back into the tank perfectly acceptable? I'm using 6mm feed and 8mm return, will be running around 10-12psi.

Will i encounter problems? Its just in my mind i can see fuel being forced back into the tank through the pickup as the return pumping action would be stronger than the suction. Cant get my brain to agree!

So, T piece, yes or no? BTW, Its an estate if that makes any difference, what with the tank being further away and lower lol.

Edited by Mike on 13th Jun, 2005.

Mike

1171 Posts
Member #: 107
Post Whore

Sunny Sussex

[cough] :)

BENROSS

9812 Posts
Member #: 332
Resident Cylinder Head Modifier

Mitsi Evo 7, 911, Cossie. & all the chavs ...... won no problem

i see what you mean mike

me personall woul not tee in ther but would fit braze another return to tank along side the breather exit from the tank

i dont know how others have done theirs ?

like your planning maybe?

but me i would not

i wonder if anyone has plumbed in the way you are describing mike and have come across any problems ?

after all the mg metro turbo was plumbed in the way you described.

Dangerous

2521 Posts
Member #: 417
Post Whore

Swindon

My theory is if the fuel pump is putting out 3 buckets a min, the engine uses 1 bucket a min,so fuel has only got to be supplied to the circuit.So therefore nothing is returned anyhow.

Bit like house central heating,same water goes around the rads with a top up tank in the loft

Metro turbo weekend driver,Mini turbo in the making again!

T3Tone

1666 Posts
Member #: 252
Post Whore

Sunny suffolk

I know both hoggy and jukka use the t-piece method and dont believe they have come across any problems with it.

-MINI CLUBMAN 1380 TURBO-

Nick
Forum Mod

4823 Posts
Member #: 154
Post Whore

Midlands

I run 8mm feed and return with the return T'd back into the feed line between the tank and pump. It's all mounted on the subframe aswell, pump/T piece/filter/return etc.

done 4500 miles totally trouble free.

i think T2clubbys gonna do the same on his aswell seeing as i've got a T piece in the garage for him, save him fucking around with his estate tank.

Edited by Nick on 14th Jun, 2005.

On 20th Oct, 2015 Tom Fenton said:

Well here is the news, you are not welcome here, FUCK OFF.

Nick
Forum Mod

4823 Posts
Member #: 154
Post Whore

Midlands

well 4500 miles totally trouble free fuel wise...everything else has broke instead *happy*

On 20th Oct, 2015 Tom Fenton said:

Well here is the news, you are not welcome here, FUCK OFF.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > yeah.. another T piece question..
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: