Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Technical Chat > GT1752 exhaust flange

alaskanow0

1434 Posts
Member #: 8466
Post Whore

Mansfield

Does anybody know where to get a stainless tapered flange and triangle retaining plate for the GT1752. I know you can buy the Saab downpipe and modify, but not in stainless. I've seen a few flanges on eBay, but I'm not sure on the taper angle etc.

Class C 3rd Place Avon 2011 14.18 @101mph

liam mini 35

272 Posts
Member #: 9125

Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Can you get them from mirage?

The turbo build has finally started

mayoturbo

673 Posts
Member #: 1395
Post Whore

chepstow

Anyone know the answer to this? I'm after a stainless flange for the gt17 downpipe too

Custard

283 Posts
Member #: 8215

Rayleigh

I made a disc with the correct PCD and center hole then put a 45deg taper on with a lathe. And welded my downpipe to te flange so it's fixed. My first downpipe was a modified Saab one which was easy for positioning but kept coming loose.

Edited by Custard on 24th Sep, 2014.

Dave the Cake

jamiestevenbell

336 Posts
Member #: 9941

Derby

In tutbury there's a company called jr fabrications they have a nice little workshop and have all the machines for mandrel bending, or flaring the ends of tubes basically can do everything for custom exhausts not sure about the flange tho I got them to put the correct face on a 2 1/4piece of pipe for attaching to the turbo then got the turbo flange off a saab and lathed the inside out so It was big enough

Edited by jamiestevenbell on 24th Sep, 2014.

jamiestevenbell

336 Posts

Derby

Sorry I got mixed up they can make the tapered flange not the triangle retaining plate

jamiestevenbell

336 Posts

Derby

http://www.jrfabrications.co.uk

adcyork

539 Posts
Member #: 6807
Post Whore

York

I have currently sent out for some quotes on getting the triangular plates laser cut in 5mm 304 stainless. I'll report back once I get quotes as I'll be getting 10 of them cut

adcyork

539 Posts
Member #: 6807
Post Whore

York

The taper angle is 51 deg. I'll also be machining the tapered collar for my project so I can machine more for people if required? Cost dependant obviously

Custard

283 Posts
Member #: 8215

Rayleigh

Are you keeping the same standard Saab set up? Or having it fixed. How did you measure the 51deg angle?

Also 5mm is going to warp badly if welded or even clamped. I'd go for at least 8mm.

Last point- you might struggle to clamp a triangular flange in a lathe to put the taper on. I made it round and then cut it down after

Dave the Cake

theoneeyedlizard

7263 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Matty had some made. It may be worth asking if he has any spare.

I'm after one too.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

Why go to the expense of making the flange in 304 stainless when the turbine housing is bare cast iron?

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

I've said this before in another thread. The flange/mounting plate and flared end are available on ebay, they're standard bits(not SAAB standard, just general parts).

I have left the exhaust free to rotate, so a mild plate is fine whether you have a mild or stainless pipe.

2 1/4" iirc

Like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhaust-Flange-M...=item3cd5d337c8

And this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flared-End-Exhau...=item4aae6638bf

Edited by wil_h on 25th Sep, 2014.

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

c2_mad

384 Posts
Member #: 4215

bringing this back from the grave*tongue*

need to sort the downpipe,so i get a 2.25" flange, i get that. but the flared pipe? should i get a 2.25" pipe flared to 60mm?

help would be greatly apreciated. as i dont have the turbo with me yet, but would like to order these, so i can crack on the moment the turbo gets here.

Home > Technical Chat > GT1752 exhaust flange
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: