Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Non-Mini Projects > OT not a project but more of a question to the drifters among us

Paul R

4018 Posts
Member #: 1757
Back to Fucking Tool status

Swindon

I have always enjoyed my fair share of sideways action and i have a massive craving for a e36 328 estate at the moment! my question is what do you guys use as your drift machines?

I really like the ps13 and s14a (i belive not sure difference betweein a and no a) silvias especially Nicks old one (so clean minus the front arches ;-P)

Drives
-Ford S-max Mk2 Ecoboost
-Rover 100 VVC #2 - track project

Searching is all you need on TurboMinis

AlexB
Site Admin

6264 Posts
Member #: 1
The boring bloke who runs this place.

Berkshire

Drifting is a chavs game. Going fast is better.

At least get an M3 if you do want an old bmw - they are cheap as chips at the moment and a real hoot to drive.

Edit: Spellingtastic.

Edited by AlexB on 16th Aug, 2013.

Paul R

4018 Posts

Swindon

I do not see why drifting is a chav's game. correct going fast is a lot of fun but surely more chav's can do this than drift? *wink*

they don't do an e36 m3 estate. :) but they do do a 328 *tongue*

Edited by Paul R on 16th Aug, 2013.

Drives
-Ford S-max Mk2 Ecoboost

AlexB
Site Admin

6264 Posts

Berkshire

Because it's exclusively done by chavs.

Why do you need an estate?

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

On 16th Aug, 2013 AlexB said:
Because it's exclusively done by chavs.

disagree massively

On 16th Aug, 2013 Paul R said:
what do you guys use as your drift machines?

the skyline slides beautifully BUT im not a cunt and dont do it on the road
i did buy it intending to go on drift days with benny but he never bought an s13/14
and tbh the shell is too clean to drift imo

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

Paul R

4018 Posts

Swindon

i'm not a massive fan of skylines i like the r34 gtr and 4 door and the r30? one that's in fast 5.

i agree the people i know who drift none of them are chavs.

i dont mind if people drift on the road so long as its in quiet/areas people close off or spot to make sure no one is there. as for the cunts who do it in day light in traffic they should die.

Drives
-Ford S-max Mk2 Ecoboost

supermotolee

614 Posts
Member #: 2153
Post Whore

kings langley

I have an mx5 because its a cheap and reliable daily. but with so little power you have to be commited to slide it... drifting is shit as a Motorsport sliding a car about is alot of fun though!

Speeding is like masturbating, everyone does it, but not all of us film it and put it on the internet

[quote=fab,8th Oct, 2010]fuck off

AlexB
Site Admin

6264 Posts

Berkshire

On 16th Aug, 2013 supermotolee said:
drifting is shit as a Motorsport sliding a car about is alot of fun though!

That's pretty much my feeling, I suppose. It's not a real motorsport since it's judged not timed.

paul wiginton
Forum Mod

5933 Posts
Member #: 784
9 times Avon Park Class C winner

Milton Keynes

i dont mind if people drift on the road so long as its in quiet/areas people close off or spot to make sure no one is there. as for the cunts who do it in day light in traffic they should die.

Anyone that drifts on the road is a cunt

I seriously doubt it!

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Member #: 9764
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

Use a Volvo 340 coupe!!!

m1100s

23 Posts
Member #: 9777

Adelaide, South Australia

In Australia we had an Aussie built R30 Skyline with a live rear axle, mine had a 3.0 litre bottom end with the twin can RB25 head & turbo. With the factory LSD tightened up a bit it would slide in almost any of the 5 gears. I do miss that car a lot.*frown*

Ash.

P.S. we don't have Chavs here, we call them bogans & one of them I ain't!!!.

I have a Mini again & a collection of Turbo bits, what to do???

TurboMike1992

171 Posts
Member #: 9928
Advanced Member

Hartley, Kent

Paul, dump the engine from the metro in a volvo 340.
Ive got an e36 4door for skidding through winter whilst undergoing an engine rebuild for the mini for summer *wink*

Low boosting for now.

Nick
Forum Mod

4823 Posts
Member #: 154
Post Whore

Midlands

I'm going to have to say that anyone who thinks it's a chavs game is talking bollocks. You get the exact same amount of chavs watching & drifitng as you do at Santa Pod, Avon Park and any other motorsport venue across the country.

Granted it's not everyones cup of tea, but then neither is that 'lame straight line cheque book racing'. Personally I love to watch the drifting, those boys need a lot more skill than me just throwing the mini down the 1/4.

How can anyone think that this isn't awesome?

BDC Round 4 @ Lydden Hill by Nick Shaw, on Flickr

On 20th Oct, 2015 Tom Fenton said:

Well here is the news, you are not welcome here, FUCK OFF.

wolfie

8215 Posts
Member #: 90
Post Whore

Somewhere around Swindon

well said

On 17th Aug, 2013 paul wiginton said:

Crystal Sound Audio said:

Why wolfie...you should have your name as Fuckfaceshithead !

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."-Douglas Adams

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

I can categorically say that IMO boxy old volvos have always been and will always be ugly shit. I would say the same for most 80s/90s jap boxes. I can't see the attraction, but that's just me. Each to their own.

In fairness, at least that volvo doesn't have an oil cooler on the front bumper, with 8 miles of hose and an exhaust stuck 4 feet into the air. Then it would look really really wank.

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

so thats why you bought the pond liner??

On 17th Aug, 2013 apbellamy said:
I can categorically say that IMO boxy old volvos have always been and will always be ugly shit. I would say the same for most 80s/90s jap boxes. I can't see the attraction, but that's just me. Each to their own.

In fairness, at least that volvo doesn't have an oil cooler on the front bumper, with 8 miles of hose and an exhaust stuck 4 feet into the air. Then it would look really really wank.

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

agreed. while I don't get drifting, I've nothing against it in the right surroundings. the public road is never the right place for any 'motorsport'

On 17th Aug, 2013 wolfie said:
well said

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Ha ha. I shall be adding some curves to that. A few small changes will make a big difference to it.

On 17th Aug, 2013 Rob Gavin said:

so thats why you bought the pond liner??

On 17th Aug, 2013 apbellamy said:

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

paul wiginton
Forum Mod

5933 Posts

Milton Keynes

On 17th Aug, 2013 Nick said:

Granted it's not everyones cup of tea, but then neither is that 'lame straight line cheque book racing'. those boys need a lot more skill than me just throwing the mini down the 1/4.

How can anyone think that this isn't awesome?

Its not my thing Nick but yes they do need a certain talent.

Drag racing on the other hand is more than what you said above. Its about the engineering challenge of building something to do the times and speeds that we achieve - it isnt easy and definately is not about cheque books - most are on a very tight budget like myself

I seriously doubt it!

AlexB
Site Admin

6264 Posts

Berkshire

I guess I take back my statement about chavs then (despite seeing the opposite with my own eyes...)

But yes, on the roads isn't the place for 'drifting'.

Nick
Forum Mod

4823 Posts
Member #: 154
Post Whore

Midlands

Its not my thing Nick but yes they do need a certain talent.

Drag racing on the other hand is more than what you said above. Its about the engineering challenge of building something to do the times and speeds that we achieve - it isnt easy and definately is not about cheque books - most are on a very tight budget like myself

I know that Paul, it was merely an example of what people say about drag racing. I know how much work goes into the cars and how limited the budgets are...Funnily enough exactly the same can be said about people who build drift cars.

Alex, I went to a show at santa pod and 95% of the people there were chavs. Does this make drag racing exclusively for chavs? Fair enough if that's what you've seen, you must have been to a bad show or something.

I was down at Lydden Hill last weekend for the BDC and it reminded me hugely of when we did a season mighty mini racing. Just a load of like minded people having fun, helping each other out, all friendly and relaxed with a fuckload of really well engineered and thought out cars thrown in for good measure.

Anyways time for me to roll the arches on some jap tin and then I'm off to Retro Rides Gathering, grumble over :)

On 20th Oct, 2015 Tom Fenton said:

Well here is the news, you are not welcome here, FUCK OFF.

Paul R

4018 Posts

Swindon

Not wanting to sound like a cunt but how is drifting on the road any different to traffic light roulette or blasting on b roads?

On 17th Aug, 2013 wolfie said:
well said

Drives
-Ford S-max Mk2 Ecoboost

paul wiginton
Forum Mod

5933 Posts

Milton Keynes

Its no different at all Paul.

People who do endanger me my wife and our son, therefore they are cunts too!

I seriously doubt it!

Carlzilla

3673 Posts
Member #: 9300
Post Whore

Quarry Bonk

I do love the motorsport of drifting, and I agree about people doing on roads where there is traffic and pedestrians or other things that could be put in danger by doing so. But that said, there isn't a single person who doesn't occasionally put their foot down when nothing is around, and the same goes with going sideways. If there's nothing around and there's plenty of room then I don't mind it. But it's definitely not a chavs sport. I'd love to save up and own a PS13 or R32 GTR after my mini is finished. Or maybe a AE86 Trueno, so many droolworthy cars to choose from....
But for now, forza and my R/C cars sorta quench the thirst for going sideways :)

Some pictures if any are interested *tongue*

On 26th Jan, 2012 Tom Fenton said:
ring problems are down to wear or abuse but although annoying it isn't a show stopper

On 5th Aug, 2014 madmk1 said:
Shit the bed! I had snapped the end of my shaft off!!

17.213 @ 71mph, 64bhp n/a (Old Engine)

WRLondon

1170 Posts
Member #: 8636
Post Whore

Surrey

i love it
done a few track days and if im honest abit on road
but always crazy late at night in an industrial type park with NO traffic

drifting has got a very large gypsy & chav following tbf
but same with any motorsport

MX5's are crap if you want to keep a good slide on
e36's are good to learn in as theyre cheap and doesnt matter too much if you smash it up

skylines, 200sx, supra etc. perfect but when you have one the thought of crashing it makes you feel sick *happy*

but anything with over 200hp and a longish wheel-base front engine rwd is great
i drifted a jaguar s type for month or two lol!

guess it goes back to my childhood - skateboarding, mountain biking, bmx'ing everything i wanted to do tricks with
same with the car :)

Reading up on RTS Clutches

On 21st Sep, 2006 Paul S said:

Go on, be brave, put it in the car and tell us how it works.
Pity your bollocks are in line with the flywheel!
On 27th May, 2013 robert said:

putting my testicles on the line for turbo mini owners everywhere ,and they still work !

Home > Non-Mini Projects > OT not a project but more of a question to the drifters among us
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: