Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Mk2 Cooper

Callum

450 Posts
Member #: 10396
Advanced Member Formerly mk2turbo

Stoke-on-Trent

Didn't get any work done over the weekend as we decided to go camping *surprised*. Had a few hours tonight though, managed to get the bulkhead repairs pretty much finished.

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Not had anything worth updating till now even though I am working on it most days, havn't felt like i'm getting anywhere. The roof corners had rotted out so I repaired them a while back now, sealed inside last week and cut the cant rail from a spare roof as the original had a few holes in it.

Then I made the most of the sun on saturday, dragged it out into the yard and bare metaled inside the boot, the back end and all of the inside bar the front bulkhead.

Didn't want to sandblast the roof so used a DA sander and then a kurust type stuff where it was needed

Got it all painted in epoxy primer yesterday. Brush painted the seams and gutter first with the rust proofing epoxy mastic then sprayed the lot with the epoxy body primer

Picked this up from turbophil on monday, the one he put up for sale a while ago, bargain at £200!

wolfie

8215 Posts
Member #: 90
Post Whore

Somewhere around Swindon

Wow you have a nimbus as well
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc511/...SC_0882.jpg src="http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc511/callumdavison/DSC_0882.jpg" border="0" class="forumImage" OnLoad="if(this.width > 640) {this.oldWidth=this.width;this.oldHeight=this.height; this.width=640; this.title='Click Here to view the full size image';}" onmouseover="if(this.title) this.style.cursor='pointer';" onClick="if(this.title) {window.open('http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc511/callumdavison/DSC_0882.jpg','','scrollbars=1,toolbar=0,resizable=1,menubar=0,directories=0,status=0,height='+(this.oldHeight+20)+',width='+(this.oldWidth+20) );}" border="0" />

Edited by wolfie on 2nd Oct, 2013.

Crystal Sound Audio said:

Why wolfie...you should have your name as Fuckfaceshithead !

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."-Douglas Adams

Turbo Phil

4619 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

Great work mate & nice to meet you the other night.

Phil.

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

On 2nd Oct, 2013 wolfie said:

A nimbus?

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

On 2nd Oct, 2013 Turbo Phil said:
Great work mate & nice to meet you the other night.

Phil.

Cheers Phil and you mate

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

On 2nd Oct, 2013 mk2turbo said:

On 2nd Oct, 2013 wolfie said:

A nimbus?

Is that the bath? might of been a bit slow with that one!*happy*

JimmysBob

16 Posts
Member #: 10599

Leamington Spa

this is great! i am planning on doing this level of restoration on my project, this place is awesome to get inspiration

wolfie

8215 Posts
Member #: 90
Post Whore

Somewhere around Swindon

Yes the bath *wink*

Crystal Sound Audio said:

Why wolfie...you should have your name as Fuckfaceshithead !

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."-Douglas Adams

Carlzilla

3673 Posts
Member #: 9300
Post Whore

Quarry Bonk

What sort of sandblaster did you use? I have a small handheld one, but alas, it is shit, would barely do anything last time I used it and most of it sprays back at you after doing nothing :(

On 26th Jan, 2012 Tom Fenton said:
ring problems are down to wear or abuse but although annoying it isn't a show stopper

On 5th Aug, 2014 madmk1 said:
Shit the bed! I had snapped the end of my shaft off!!

17.213 @ 71mph, 64bhp n/a (Old Engine)

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

On 3rd Oct, 2013 JimmysBob said:
this is great! i am planning on doing this level of restoration on my project, this place is awesome to get inspiration

Cheers mate

On 3rd Oct, 2013 wolfie said:
Yes the bath *wink*

Got there in the end *happy*

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

On 3rd Oct, 2013 Carlzilla said:
What sort of sandblaster did you use? I have a small handheld one, but alas, it is shit, would barely do anything last time I used it and most of it sprays back at you after doing nothing :(

Had one of the small machine mart ones for a bit but the tank was too small, had to stop and fill it every 10 minutes so I decided to make my own. You can see it on the left in this picture, will get a better one tomorrow. Its an old trolley unit fire extinguisher that I converted, just copied off the smaller one I had.

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Here's the sandblaster for those interested, takes a couple of bags of sand so can blast for about an hour without stopping. Already had the tank, filter, regulator and valve so just had to buy some tank fittings from FWB, cost about 40 quid all together. Did the last bit of basting on the shell at the weekend and painted in epoxy mastic. Will hopefully get it mounted on a spit soon so I get get started on the boot floor.

Cheers

Carlzilla

3673 Posts
Member #: 9300
Post Whore

Quarry Bonk

Ahh yeah, I might have a plan for my old small compressor tank now *wink*
Thanks for posting that!

On 26th Jan, 2012 Tom Fenton said:
ring problems are down to wear or abuse but although annoying it isn't a show stopper

On 5th Aug, 2014 madmk1 said:
Shit the bed! I had snapped the end of my shaft off!!

17.213 @ 71mph, 64bhp n/a (Old Engine)

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

some nice work going on here. I note your comment on working constantly but feeling like your not getting anywhere; just look at the first and last photos to remind yourself!

Cables69

178 Posts
Member #: 10196
Advanced Member

we made a blaster out of an old gas bottle, dead easy to make

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Cheers mate, yeah your right maybe I just don't see it as I'm focusing on the small parts rather than looking at the whole thing.

On 9th Oct, 2013 Rob Gavin said:
some nice work going on here. I note your comment on working constantly but feeling like your not getting anywhere; just look at the first and last photos to remind yourself!

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Not had much time on it this past week so havn't had much to update. Got the repairs to the cant rail back in last week

Today got it mounted on a spit which will make it easier for me to do the floors. Took me all day to get it mounted as there was no one else around so not a very productive day *oh well*

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Got the boot floor cut out and all the edges cleaned up

Clamped the boot floor in place to see how it fits.

Took a lot of persuading to get it sitting where it is and its still about 3mm too far over towards the drivers side. Had to slice the arches to get it in. Will get a bigger hammer tomorrow and have another go *happy*

I know a few on here have fitted the full boot floors, anyone had similar problems to what I'm having? Cheers

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Mine went pretty much straight in. I had no rear panel on though, so had a bit of wiggle room with the rear quarters.

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Managed to get the boot floor sitting in the right place, just cut the bottom inch or so off the
arches and it fitted straight away, going to be putting new arches in anyway so it doesn't matter about them.

Whilst it was in I clamped the rear valance and bumper in place to see how everything lines up and its pretty good.
Took the floor out and started to alter it to make it look like the original one.

Cut this piece out the new floor

Made the piece up like the original

And got it tacked in

Should get it fully welded tomorrow

Edited by Callum on 29th Oct, 2013.

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Finished welding and linishing tonight, my welding is getting better now but still far from perfect, was embarrassed to show it at the start of the restoration *happy*

This is the next part to alter where the fuel pipes go through the floor, wasn't going to bother with all this messing around but I think I will regret it at a later date if I don't do it now, only a few hours extra work. Cheers

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Got it tacked in tonight quite please with how it fits

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Boot floor is now finished got all the new parts welded in and managed to buy a spot welder the other week so could
get all the brackets and and other bits spot welded on

Will hopefully get the boot in over the weekend

Edited by Callum on 13th Nov, 2013.

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Painted both the floors on saturday in epoxy mastic primer, thought it would be easier to do before they are fitted.

Tonight I got the boot floor partly welded in, need to finish off spot welding but at least its sitting in there without clamps.
Feels good to get a big panel fitted, should start coming together a bit more now

Cheers

Edited by Callum on 19th Nov, 2013.

Home > Show Us Yours! > Mk2 Cooper
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: