Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Non-Mini Discussion > 32-36 DGV webber on 2L HiLux

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

as above this is regarding my work ute a Toyota Hilux 2wd 5 speed manual fitted with a webber DVG 32-36 carb its a mechanical progressive two barrel carb

i have fitted one of my aem o2 sensors (will be taken out once setup as bought them for the mini) in an effort to better tune and understand what is happening i have been reading up and trying to get my head round it so will have a go tomorrow at getting it into a better state of tune

so ill take some vids to try help me explain whats happening to hopefully gain some help from you guys

ill also have a look see at the current jetting the first thing ill do infarct
one thing i thing could help me is a rev counter witch i dont have in the ute

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

well i found a few vacuum leaks some that i cant fix with out pulling the manifolds off *angry*
toyota made the intake manifold so that it mounts on top of the exhaust with the exhaust gas heating the intake charge via some fins beneath the intake
so there is a gasket between them and its body leaking i found that one with the propane bottle
one other i found was the heat isolator crank case gas plate thing it has a tube glued into it thats leaking where the join is i just whacked a bandage on it for now but will need to get a new one
i also found some easy ones caused by the rubber getting hard on hoses so just trimmed the stretched part and reinstalled them with a tight fit and no leaks
also the brake servo hisses when the car is shut off so it may be leaking i will disconnect and block this vac hose and test drive it to see if that is partly the cause hopefully its not anything lol i dont want to have it re furbished

ill also try to mount the cam so you can see my feet the shifter and the gauge to get a better idea of throttle position and load and the readings
its crap trying to get results with the gauge flying around so hopefully i can sort that out first to then get reading that repeat themselves under the same conditions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSYS7YLFd8w&feature=youtu.be

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

ok i have reduced the vacuum leaks but its still giving me fluctuating wide band readings

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

right vacuum leaks fixed!!
i made my own adapter from steel plates and tubes!
doing so got rid of two gaskets and the leaky parts as-well so im happy with that!

im seeing much more stable readings although not the right readings i dont think anyway!

ill go back and set best lean idle and check out what jets ive got in possibly put the richest main air combo i have in as im not sure where the idle-main change over is?
possibly install a tac

Home > Non-Mini Discussion > 32-36 DGV webber on 2L HiLux
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: