Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > 998cc > clutch problems

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Member #: 10190
Post Whore

belgium

need some help with my clutch...
i was rebuiding my engine (not complete strip but new gaskets on my girlfriends mini diff because they leaked like crazy and new head gaskets and so on) so clutch stayed on but i did remove the clutch cover to have a look inside. my brother in law placed it back while i was working on the car itself but dont thinck there could go much wrong.

we placed the engine back in the car but the strange thing is that i could not press in the clutch pedal and the clutch lever sat fully slide out. i can puch it back in by hand but just slides back out when i let it go now i can puch in the pedal but the pump stays fully out and does not react on the pedal getting pumped.

what could be wrong here?

*frown*

you can do anything if you set your mind to it...
i rather blow it up winning than keep it together losing.

finish date set for project 1... march 2018

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

drop it... just found the problem still on the shelve...... the cap that goes between the bearing and the clutch itselve is still on the shelve instead of in the engine *angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry**angry* thats what you get letting someone help out without checking there work.

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

No one touches my cars for this reason

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

yeah made up that rule 10 years ago when someone who claimed building engines broke my cranckshaft wile placing a new clutch..................... *surprised* since that day i learned building engines welding body work and so one by my selve but hey i havent had anny contact with my sister and the rest for 4 years... the day we started talking again the brother in law bought a mini and we have been building it up toghether. so i didnt want an argument just because he wanted to help out... bit my fault to... i didnt tell him the part was on the shelve...
but hey tilted the engine a bit got the cover of placed the part in cover back and engine back in place in less than 45 minutes... ( lets hope it solves the problem and i didnt make more damige by pulling the leaver back by hand)

On 13th Oct, 2013 Brett said:
No one touches my cars for this reason

Home > 998cc > clutch problems
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: