Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > 998cc > engine holds back on corners.

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Member #: 10190
Post Whore

belgium

So i got the 998 up and running again... am going to get rid of the old ignition and put an later electronic one one ( stupid breaker points) but the question is a fuel question. The twin carbs run great on the straight but have the problem that once i take a sharp corner the engine holds back like it does not get enough fuel. .. would the problem be tjat i run a mechanical pump? Or would the problem be with the twin carbs ( zenith strombergs on an alexander inlet manifold. -> is a oldschool tunning kit)

Grts

you can do anything if you set your mind to it...
i rather blow it up winning than keep it together losing.

finish date set for project 1... march 2018

BENROSS

9812 Posts
Member #: 332
Resident Cylinder Head Modifier

Mitsi Evo 7, 911, Cossie. & all the chavs ...... won no problem

my monies on one or both of the fuel float needle valve not set correctly!

have the carbs been fully! serviced ?
if not you may have bolted your problem on

other members may shed more light on your problem

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

hmm ibought them 10 yeras ago... been on my 1275 for 6 months and i thinck to remember that is why i got them back off again to... i called the man in that days about it and he said they were perfect restored but are ment to be on a 998 and a 1275 is to big for them ( did bought that crap in those days) but just forot about it till now. i thought the inlet was the problem because the are angled almost 30 degrees on that inlet but seem to be build for that ( as what i can find from alexander tuning) they would not fit a mini neighter if they would sit straight.

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

read it again... so you thinck the float thing inside the floatbowl does not open wide enough? would that also be the reasen why it needs the jet a bit much open to run nice? need to get them of then to check that. hope your money is on the right horse... ;-D

BENROSS

9812 Posts
Member #: 332
Resident Cylinder Head Modifier

Mitsi Evo 7, 911, Cossie. & all the chavs ...... won no problem

could be anything ? loose wire maybe to the coil etc on the corners it misses ......... a rolling road session may shed some light on it ....but try to find the fault your self, could be lean mixture ? the RR operator would spot this immediately!

hope this helps.

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

not familiar with the carbs but i have a fair bit of experience with the SU's it sounds like it could be incorrect fuel float hight ( not holding enough fuel)
if that is possible with these carbs?

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

Thats what i was trying to spell. Yes its possible. They ate semi downdraft ( approx 30degrees) not much rolling roads here ( closest to my house is 150km) so we tend to look at the plugs... and compare them to the wife's morning coffee... ( coffee with milk brown) all wires to the coil and so on are new. ( yet doesn't fully eliminate the coil thing that benross says) hmmm take the carbs back off and check float hight coul be a start i guess ( only iff i new how much they need to be set to. ... not much info on the web on these.
They work like bike carbs actually. .. short piston not lifted by are flow underneath but by vacuum on the top.

Home > 998cc > engine holds back on corners.
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: