Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > 998cc > 998 Plus 40 Pistons and Rings

skolawn

270 Posts
Member #: 69

Coventry

What choices out there.

MED and Omega Plus 40 Forged £500.00
Calver ST Plus 40 manufactured £215.00 CST3028-40 Have to be cast at that price Actual Maker?
Minispares plus 40 £56 each Have to be cast?

Any other decent ones for short oval racing?

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

The calver st are made by graham Russell in aus at least my +80 were... GR gave me a warrenty that if I melted them even at 10:1 in my supercharged setup he would replace them foc... Now god knows if he would hold to that but he's is supposed to be a man of his word!

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

I've bought both the Minispares and Calver items. Identical, made at the Rightway factory in Taiwan.

Swiftune do forged as well.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

The Minispares ones are no longer the same as the GR ones. The GR ones are a good piston though, and great value. The problem is they won't take a massive dish.

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

mattsmadmini

118 Posts
Member #: 9965
Advanced Member

Sydney, Australia!

On 14th Nov, 2013 gr4h4m said:
The calver st are made by graham Russell in aus at least my +80 were... GR gave me a warrenty that if I melted them even at 10:1 in my supercharged setup he would replace them foc... Now god knows if he would hold to that but he's is supposed to be a man of his word!

He is a man of his word, i got the same warranty hahaha. That and he knows i can bug him at any time if he doesnt uphold it!

“A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.” - Jeremy Clarkson

Home > 998cc > 998 Plus 40 Pistons and Rings
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: