Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > Van fule tank/filler leak problem over filled?

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

so filled the van up for the first time put fule in till it was about 4-6"? from the cap and next second its pissing on the ground..

so how is the tank joined to the body bit ?

supposedly a new tank (previous owner) the paint has now pealed off from the spill so will take it out to paint it in something half resistant to spills?

anyway is this normal or have i just over filled it

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Member #: 10190
Post Whore

belgium

It should not leak but sometimes it gets smale holes where the neck joins the tank or the joint between the tank and fuel meter system leaks. If it is a small hole and not a joint you can use tank cure to fix it... i fill them with water and my mate uses brazing to close it

you can do anything if you set your mind to it...
i rather blow it up winning than keep it together losing.

finish date set for project 1... march 2018

adam1330

1014 Posts
Member #: 238
Post Whore

essex

My old estate tank had rotted where the filler neck joins the tank. Sounds like whats happened to yours?

““A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.”” - Jeremy Clarkson

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

had a poke around this arvo seems there are a few bolts ant the tank will fall out?
might drop it out tomorrow one thing tho i didnot see a drain anywhere? seen the float and lines go in the bak or should that be front lol the center most side to the car any way gussing i cant drop it with it full the the top so need to drain a bit at least...?

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Member #: 10190
Post Whore

belgium

There is no drain. And about 6 or 8 bolds.

you can do anything if you set your mind to it...
i rather blow it up winning than keep it together losing.

finish date set for project 1... march 2018

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

ok so far so goo think ive fixed it

for anyone interested the main tank bit joins to the filler bit via a brazed joint or at least thats what i think it should be

im not sure if the filler is sold separately or what but my tank was soldered at this joint and it had holes and cracked so leaked

i dont have an oxy torch but did manage to braze the filler to the tank nicely had to use two map pro gas burnners to get it nice n cherry red
tank also had some really crap paint on it scratch it off with your finger crap and where the fuel split it was back to bright clean steel lol
now has a light coat of 2k epoxy primer and 2 cots white 2k to protect it

tanks the nicest bit of the van

Home > General Chat > Van fule tank/filler leak problem over filled?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: