Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Non-Mini Discussion > Breakdown Cover

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

Ok then!

Been a long time since I've held any breakdown cover.
Do we have any recommendations for personal cover?

I'd like recover & onward Journey cover too.

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

mossy2a

389 Posts
Member #: 9751

Derbyshire

I get something through work, its supposedly discounted but like yourself, its been a while since ive had cover. its with AA, I've had it for the missis and its recover and onward journey for roughly £53 Which I thought wasn't bad. Ive not used the service yet though.

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

I've got RAC which I've held for years, not used it for some time but more than had my moneys worth in the past and its nice to know its there in case.

Someone I know has a thing called Autoaid, its very cheap, if you need recovery you pay yourself on a credit card then claim it back, he has used it a few times and said there has been no issue at all getting the money paid back.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

Looking at it the AA and RAC are comparable price-wise for personal cover.

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

lee.pb

1419 Posts
Member #: 9199
Post Whore

Lancashire

I had it through my bank but now have AA personal cover.

Think its £8 a month, no home start but will take me what ever im in to a destination of my choice, usally home.

Been dragged home 5 times in th last 3 years, with no hassle. The only issue i have is they always send a man in van first even though i told them the mini was F**ked and need a relay.

What the mind can conceive the mini can achieve
MITP 2012 17.01 seconds 1/4 mile against "The Don"
MITP 2013 16.83 seconds 1/4 mile

Shauna

1043 Posts
Member #: 10424
Post Whore

Swansea boyo!

AA are awful! They left me for 3 hours at 10pm on my own. Lone female young and all that rubbish!

They don't die, they just get faster!

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

I get cover with my policy through RH Insurance for classic cars.Annual premium about £75 for comprehensive cover, agreed value and the recovery.

I have used it once - very good service.

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

AA have indeed left me stranded told me there patrrol couldnt see me.. i ended up pushing it into a field, i tell you its a strange feeling taking a mini to bits only to look up and have a large group of cows for an audience
It was the first time i had called the AA and i was with RAC 2 days later still with them tbh ive got eu cover with towing

Edited by Brett on 27th Jun, 2014.

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

RAC have been good for me.

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

wolfie

8215 Posts
Member #: 90
Post Whore

Somewhere around Swindon

Both AA and RAC are pretty much a muchness and 3hrs waits is fairly average as they do not use contractors unless they really have to, if you want someone to have a look at your problem and try to fix it before recovery get RAC or AA if you just want to get home quickish and sort the issue yourself use green flag Autoaid ect

One this i will say is do NOT buy it though your bank in the 6 years i did recovery work we see a staggering amount of poeple that had not only overpaid for the cover but they were only covered for a 15 mile radius of where they broke down, people though as they had"UK" cover they would get relayed and with that average recovery costing £300 its a lot to fork out on top.

Edited by wolfie on 27th Jun, 2014.

Crystal Sound Audio said:

Why wolfie...you should have your name as Fuckfaceshithead !

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."-Douglas Adams

minimole23

4302 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

I joined Autonational recovery, £50 for a complete package and better service then I have had from either AA or RAC.

Phoned up and said my gearbox had exploded and that I needed recovery. No hassle, or we'll send someone to look at it. A local recovery firm took me home within the hour.

Edited by minimole23 on 27th Jun, 2014.

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

Shauna

1043 Posts
Member #: 10424
Post Whore

Swansea boyo!

My clutch went when I was waiting for them :/. I've got AA with my bank but I'd never call them again. I've just got it on my insurance policy now who are just contractors I assume. Came to rescue me after about 30mins when I put diesel in not that long ago *tongue* it's only £50 odd a year too and they will take you wherever, no silly 10miles max

They don't die, they just get faster!

metroturbo

806 Posts
Member #: 989
Post Whore

North Yorkshire

I use autoaid. About £30 iirc, for personal cover with full relay. Downside is you pay for recovery and then claim it back.

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

I've had aa since 97. While i've had the odd issue, i've generally been happy with the service

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Been with the aa for years.. yeah you gotta wait around but your going to with anyone.. havent had to use them for ages but a couple years back i must of used them 3 or 4 times in one year (reoccuring brake issues) so defo got my moneys worth! Always understanding when i tell them ive been through it on side of the road i know what the problem is please just send a low loader and not a guy in his van to see if he can fix it! Haha

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

The issue with sending the man in the van is that they have attendance times to achieve. They can send a van out in under an hour to say they got to you in under an hour as opposed to just sending the recovery which takes longer and therefore affects there attendance times

Home > Non-Mini Discussion > Breakdown Cover
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: