Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Beginners Tech > Turbo mini van project

Tuctuc

51 Posts
Member #: 10894
Advanced Member

Lancashire

Trying to decide on spec for this project, want a real sleeper that can be driven everyday & by the wife! Been having a look around & starting to formulate a spec....

Thinking bog standard look, but with 4.5x10 Cooper s rims with chrome hubcaps & A008 165x70x10tyres with no arches to keep the look.

Engine I reckon 130-140bhp using a gt1752 turbo on a manifold that doesn't need cutting the bulkhead as want to keep it std & it's a van which are getting scarcer! Not sure where to get one? Although I would have a go at welding one up out of s/s pipe fittings if I can't find one.
Rebuilt metro turbo engine (I'm trying to get hold of one from a lad at work), omega pistons, mg metro cam, AVR cyl head large valves & ported, 8.5:1, s/c drop gears, xpin diff , std gbox, not worked out final drive yet. Peugeot hdi intercooler.
Really want low down spool up & torque.

Running gear: Brakes - unsure yet, Hilo's

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

spec looks good; have a look at Jay2's build if your looking for stock look.

matty may be able to help with a manifold

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

I have a Peugeot HDi intercooler if you need one.

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

If you are going to re build the engine with new pistons etc, I wouldn't bother specifically going for a turbo engine. Any old 1275 will do the job in that case.

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Home > Beginners Tech > Turbo mini van project
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: