Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Non-Mini Projects > motorcycle trouble.

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Member #: 10190
Post Whore

belgium

Shadow vid: http://youtu.be/0zcsNmsrPtk

maybe bit of a long shot. But this bike was given to me by my father. Stould still for years. Got the carbs cleaned by local shop. Synchronised and so on. But stil does not run that wel. Ot runs nice on static and if you slightly open the throttle it does rev but once you fully open it it starts acting bad. Anyone can point me in a direction where to look at? Feels like it cant burn its fuel. ?

you can do anything if you set your mind to it...
i rather blow it up winning than keep it together losing.

finish date set for project 1... march 2018

robert

6743 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

private video rammie ?

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

yes just reset it normaly should work now

http://youtu.be/0zcsNmsrPtk

Edited by Rammie2000 on 5th Jul, 2014.

robert

6743 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

blocked fuel filter in tank ?

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

that should be cleaned by the shop. will look in to it. noticed now that the rear cilinder sparkplugs have a very weak spark ( yellow) maybe it is that it cant burn its fuel proper?

BENROSS

9812 Posts
Member #: 332
Resident Cylinder Head Modifier

Mitsi Evo 7, 911, Cossie. & all the chavs ...... won no problem

On 5th Jul, 2014 Rammie2000 said:
that should be cleaned by the shop. will look in to it. noticed now that the rear cilinder sparkplugs have a very weak spark ( yellow) maybe it is that it cant burn its fuel proper?

theres the problem, coil goosed and also change the glazed plugs.

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

i was thincking of a test. take a blok of wood drill a hole in the centre and to nails that meet in the centre hole spaced 7 mm of each other. 1 side connected to the spark lead and the other to an earth point... spark should jump right?

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

So i made that thing with 2 screws in it spaced 8 mm out of each other. The sparks went from one point to another without a problem and were nice and bleu. Do i may presume that it are only the sparkplugs that are worn out? Since some of those give a more yellow spark.

redrat

328 Posts
Member #: 9107

Devon

I have experienced this before on my bike , it turned out to be knackered plugs , worked fine in a test but once under strain e.g high revs they couldn't keep a decent spark . Not saying this is the solution but it could be a possibility

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

i'll get some new ones tomorrow. needs new ones annyway.

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

so got the new sparkplugs in ( garage had put in different plugs for each cilinder. ) also screwed the pilot screw out and gave it a light rub but the bike does not perform anny better. guess shop did a bad job cleaning the carbs
i do can get it pretty high in revs giving it just a kwarter of trotle but the second i give it full it just gos down. it keeps running with the trotle wide open but more with a on of kind of way. ( 800 rpm up to 1400 back to 800 up to 1400....)

Edited by Rammie2000 on 9th Jul, 2014.

robert

6743 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

does the choke make any difference rammie ?

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

On 9th Jul, 2014 robert said:
does the choke make any difference rammie ?

nope. in fact it makes it slightly worse

robert

6743 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

blocked jets in the carbs ?I know my bike if left for a while gets a really gritty deposit in th carbs and it blocks the idle jets to the point where it won't tickover , its quite tough to get out of the jet too . ,maybe they missed the mains or something .

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

Crap. Its more crowded in there than under the bonnet of a vtec mini....

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZjAzUgZYGk

drove it today just to show at a mate wat is wrong and when i put it back in the shed and wanted to show how it jumps up and down i got this... flames spitting out the exhaust instead of going up and down the revs?

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

cleaned the carbs and it is much better but long way from good. Still spits and runs bad in lid rev ( like it runs on 1 cilinder for a few seconds. Than pulls again in higher revs. Now i drove it a bit and took the sparkplugs out. Thr rear ones collor good the front ones don't while i have opend up the fuel a full turn more on the frontt then on the back. Thr front does not seem to collor at all. I'm out of ideas now. All i can think of is that it now runs on a batt of 8,5 ah instead of the original 10,5 or 12,5 ( cant remember exact) next is maybe a headgasket blown ( please say no) but i have no white smoke at all.

Edited by Rammie2000 on 17th Jul, 2014.

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

the rear one first pic is the front one

robert

6743 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

hmmm, some of the jets can be a bit difficult to clean ramie , are you sure all the jets in the front carbs are clear ? also is the air filter stock ..and no air leaks in the pipes to the carbs .

PhilR

696 Posts
Member #: 10034
Post Whore

Birmingham

Old / bad HT leads? I replaced my old ones after similar problems. I was convinced it was a fuelling problem but was just luck that I saw an arc from the lead to the front cylinder.

Edited by PhilR on 20th Jul, 2014.

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

Pretty sure unscrewed them all for cleaning. Tought about air leaks... how to test? Ht leads are original from 97 but only have 8000miles. Stock airfilter but brand new.

PhilR

696 Posts
Member #: 10034
Post Whore

Birmingham

15+ years is quite a long time for the leads. My HT leads we're also original from 1995 Resistance was fine, but plastic insulation was starting to age harden. Only had to replace the wire as the ends are screw on. Even if they still ok now, they are a serviceable part and they'll fail at some point, so for a few euros I'd change em.

Edited by PhilR on 21st Jul, 2014.

robert

6743 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

what about air jets and other jets in the body of the carbs ? didi you unscrew the idle mixture screws and bast carb cleaner dow the orifices ?

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

so update. new leads in (resistance on the old were still good) but the same trouble. carbs open again i i seen that the needle valve sticks up a bit when the ( dont know the word) plastik thing that gos up and down with the fuel) is not attached. ordered some repair kits for them. i'm pretty sure now its al down to the carbs.

what are orifices?

robert

6743 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

orifices are holes , when you unscrew the idle adjusting screws you are looking at a threaded hole ,spray the carb vleaner down it , it should come out of the little hole inside the bore of the carb ,somewhere near the butterfly .also it may come out of a hole at the inlet , block this with your finger to make sure it cleans the inner hole .

Home > Non-Mini Projects > motorcycle trouble.
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: