Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Technical Chat > Made a bit of a balls refurbing my k1100 tb's

jayme

84 Posts
Member #: 10547
Advanced Member

Northern Ireland

Hi guys

stripped my tb's over the weekend to paint and polish bits aswell as give all the parts a thorough clean.

removing the butterfly from the first body i forgot to slide the butterfly out before tapping the shaft with a hammer. as they are soft they have marked. got it to fit again and rebuilt it to find that in the fully closed position when you hold it to the light you can see a bit of light around the edges, on 1 i haven't stripped yet you cant.

on the shaft ive also noticed 1 of the screws wont fully tighten and just spins. it does hold threads however

im assuming i will need replacement parts for this? or can i throw a bit of locktight on the screw and leave the gap around the throttle, its not overly big, like i say you can only see it holding it against light.

Instagram: bighill93

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

Throttle discs are shapped to fit only one way. Have you re fitted it in the original orientation?

Oh and think where a loose screw would end up if it came undone

Edited by Sprocket on 21st Jul, 2014.

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

jayme

84 Posts
Member #: 10547
Advanced Member

Northern Ireland

thats what i thought about the screw, have emailed motorwerks to source replacements just need the shaft and the disc but i recon i could have fun sourcing them.

Instagram: bighill93

Home > Technical Chat > Made a bit of a balls refurbing my k1100 tb's
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: