Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Vizard hif38, or just get a 44?

Carlzilla

3673 Posts
Member #: 9300
Post Whore

Quarry Bonk

Just debating this for my engine build, im hoping to get around 90hp from my temporary (not sure how long for, probably a while) engine. In vizards book he reckons the mods can produce results of the carb the next size up, but looking at flow figures he recommends 2cfm per hp. So I would want a carb to flow 180cfm in effect, but the 1 1/2 carb would only see around 160cfm at an educated guess. Can't find any figures for a bog standard hif44. Is this CFM all just balls and the 38 with mods will be up to the job or should I just sack the idea of the modded 38 off now and not waste my time? I do have a 44 turbo but I'd rather save this for the proper engine build tbh.

Edited by Carlzilla on 22nd Jul, 2014.

On 26th Jan, 2012 Tom Fenton said:
ring problems are down to wear or abuse but although annoying it isn't a show stopper

On 5th Aug, 2014 madmk1 said:
Shit the bed! I had snapped the end of my shaft off!!

17.213 @ 71mph, 64bhp n/a (Old Engine)

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Member #: 10190
Post Whore

belgium

I have vizard moded a38 long time ago to the extreme. ( half spindle and so on) it gives a difference but still i do feel like a mild modded 44 gives much much more hi end grunt. Yet if you don't want to use the 44 and don't want to buy one it is up for the job.

you can do anything if you set your mind to it...
i rather blow it up winning than keep it together losing.

finish date set for project 1... march 2018

viz139

108 Posts
Member #: 9182
Advanced Member

I swaped a standard HIF38 to a std HIF44 on a std '94 1275 with LCB and exhaust and the differance was huge. Engine reved a lot easier and thats a lot less hp than your looking at. Don't forget the 44 also has a larger jet so more fuel is possable.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Vizard hif38, or just get a 44?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: