Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Flitch panel repair

evad1980

1142 Posts
Member #: 10165
Post Whore

Stansted, Essex

Hi guys, does anyone know if any of the mini magazines did a complete flitch panel repair 'how to' in their tech section, if so which issue?

I have all the grot cut out, new panel offered up in situ but would like to have a look at a guide before I start tacking it in. I've searched on here and even googled it but can't find nowt. Thanks in advance..

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

I generally mount it up with door and a panel to make sure I'm happy with the position; don't rely on the hinge holes though; I've never found a repair where they were in the correct position

evad1980

1142 Posts
Post Whore

Stansted, Essex

Hi Rob, yeah that was my issue.. Pretty much had it clamped temporarily in place with the holes aligned and the top (where it meets the post) is sticking out. That's why I wanted a look...

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

Is the door post still in tact?

evad1980

1142 Posts
Post Whore

Stansted, Essex

It is yeah... Removed some of the inner post but outer is intact..

Tupers

324 Posts
Member #: 9441

South Devon

On 30th Aug, 2014 evad1980 said:
Hi Rob, yeah that was my issue.. Pretty much had it clamped temporarily in place with the holes aligned and the top (where it meets the post) is sticking out. That's why I wanted a look...

Do you mean there's a gap between the thick piece of steel with the hinge holes in and area of the flitch that bends over it at 90 degrees for the A-panel to pean over? If so then there normally id a 1-2MM gap.

A couple picture would help.

evad1980

1142 Posts
Post Whore

Stansted, Essex

No it's sticking out at where it meets the windscreen pillar. Looks like it needs a bit of persuasion with a relevant tool! No pics at the mo...

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

photos would help

evad1980

1142 Posts
Post Whore

Stansted, Essex

ok heres a few pics...

Also, is this correct at the bottom? Chopped a slot in the sill to get it in place. Cant compare to the other side cos its completely rotten and all missing...

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Flitch panel repair
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: