Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Crankshaft question?

MatthewPettitt

97 Posts
Member #: 9237
Advanced Member

Banbury

Evenin'

I've received my crankshaft back from MED. They have cross drilled the big ends and mains, and put grub screws in the original holes.

First problem is that the grub screws are actually proud of the journal surface. So can I remove the grub screws? or should I screw them in more (excessive oil on the bearing etc.)?

Secondly, the cross drilled holes are across the original hole (90ish deg. round). The power stroke will push the con rod on to the position of the journal where the original hole is, so surely the concentration of oil should be there not 90 deg. round?

paul wiginton
Forum Mod

5933 Posts
Member #: 784
9 times Avon Park Class C winner

Milton Keynes

Dont worry, they have done ir correctly. They dont screw the grubscrew right in so that you can take them out to clean it, then loctite them in

I seriously doubt it!

minimole23

4300 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

Got a picture of the grub screws in question? Clearly if they are going to interfere with the bearing surface they are not far in enough

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

MatthewPettitt

97 Posts
Member #: 9237
Advanced Member

Banbury

Thank you, had to go and buy my self a set of allens, they were lose, just couldn't get my fingers on them to turn. Got them all loctited in properly now.

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

Make sure you degreased everything thoroughly. If there is any trace of oil the loctite won't work properly. You DO NOT want them getting out!

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Crankshaft question?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: