Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Technical Chat > A Series simulation thread.

Earwax

109 Posts
Member #: 10368
Advanced Member

Australia

Sir Yun and Paul S, catching up with this thread from time to time and always enlightened. Given the differing inlet velocity data, has anyone done simulation work ( or real time experiments) on varying either the valve sizing or lift ratios in an inner vs outer setup?( or is that where the art of the porting and curtain area come into play? My layman;s thoughts about this, we have siamese port allowance sized exhaust extractor pipe sizing, some other car makes use different rocker ratios for inlet vs exhaust, so is there anything to be gained by jiggling the inlet velocity/ mass flow curve? Please feel free to shoot me down, as i said, just wild speculation from a layman. Cheers Darryl

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

My experience was that once the simulation is finely tuned any attempt to equalise the VE of the inner and outer cylinders did not result in a net power gain.

Basically what the inner cylinders lose from charge robbing, the outer gain.

The most significant improvements come from optimising runner lengths on the inlet and exhaust to make short duration cams work at high revs.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Earwax

109 Posts
Member #: 10368
Advanced Member

Australia

cheers thanks for that

Home > Technical Chat > A Series simulation thread.
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: