Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > BINI parts and tuning

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

A bit off topic but i know a few of you have or have had Binis so thought i'd ask as i'm still working out which of the forums isn't full of muppets.

I'm looking for guidance specifically relating to lowering the wife's new car (even she suggested it looked a bit high!). Don't want to go daft with it and do want to try and keep as much of the standard comfort as possible (pretty much cosmetic really).

So does anyone have any suggestions for good suppliers, quality parts and those to avoid?

Will also be on the market for a remap at some point but i'll likely go to celtic tuning as i generally get a deal with the local rep unless someone tells me its rubbish (had 3 cars done by them now and been happy)

Cheers

Rob

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

Can't comment on the car especially, but Eibach springs are generally the ones to have in my experience.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

Cheers, tom. Info is a bit vague on the forums. Apparently coil-overs are the must have and springs will make you crash and burn- i read that from the same source that has clearly never taken a spanner to a car in their life

Oli

1733 Posts
Member #: 1910
Post Whore

Wilts

Rob, although not an s, my Mum and and Friend both have 57 plated coopers, identical other than my friends being lowered, he's used 40mm eibach springs and it rides like standard if not more forgiving.

Coilovers... Not worth it unless your willing to spend big bucks on a decent quality set.

On 15th Jul, 2009 fastcarl said:
the pissed up clown stood back up, did a twirl and left bollock naked,

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

Cheers Oli, so that is a second vote for eibach then.

Fyi, the car is a cooper deisel. After all the info gained on the cooper s engines thirst for oil and other issues, together with annusl mileage, we decided to go for the derv

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Member #: 9764
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

Eibach are alright if you want it to sit abit nicer dosen't really ruin the ride, change to none run flat tyres for better ride

generally MINIFOO or Mini torque are the 2 forums to go for Mini torque will joke around with you but don't take it to heart just give it as good as they give

1320 Mini are the guys to talk to about tuning Bmw mini's they run the most powerful one in the UK. Also there work is 2nd to none highly recommend them helped me out a few times.

Also

Air intake Alta do a good upgrade for the mini's take it your running r56 diesel as they only did the MINI one D in r50 shape

or drop me a message i know a fair amount as i thinker with these when not playing on the mx5 or my mini

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

Also Scottish New mini club is up your way as well brilliant bunch of lads and girls (y)

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

Cheers chalkie. Yes, its an r56. Wont be going daft with it as it is a daily family car. Remap and loweting a bit is probably as far as it will go

I've signed up for the local forum. Will need to look at the others

Edited by Rob Gavin on 19th Oct, 2014.

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

Yeah its worth it and Ill still stick a after market filter on it Eg pipercross Panel filter helps when you have a remap

Home > General Chat > BINI parts and tuning
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: