Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > cheap gt1752

fixitphil2

116 Posts
Member #: 10945
Advanced Member

scarborough/ northyorkshire

has anyone had experience with the cheap turbos that are on ebay, theres some on there for £168 sold as new with 1 years warrant.im after one to go on my manifold iv just got off matty.*smiley*cheers phil

BENROSS

9812 Posts
Member #: 332
Resident Cylinder Head Modifier

Mitsi Evo 7, 911, Cossie. & all the chavs ...... won no problem

these are HUG WANG chinese copys........... i know the price is very tempting, but you get what you pay for

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

you do get what you pay for but Chinese turbos have come along way in the last 5 years
on a low mile weekend car i would give it a shot,
i have one on my skyline a gt30 sized core hybridised into the larger but stock fitting housings, although i am running different bearings in it it really has been awesome ( although the turbine housing is way to small for big power)
the turbo has preformed excellent

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

BENROSS

9812 Posts
Member #: 332
Resident Cylinder Head Modifier

Mitsi Evo 7, 911, Cossie. & all the chavs ...... won no problem

you have a point brett, i suppose that if it caved in you could swap gen OEM parts inside as the casing would be the same.

and you get the actuator and all

Sam

1391 Posts
Member #: 1686
Post Whore

Oxford

Just check them through for correct assembly and get them trim balanced.

On 19th Feb, 2011 Miniwilliams said:
OMG Robert that's a big one

fixitphil2

116 Posts
Member #: 10945
Advanced Member

scarborough/ northyorkshire

it will only be used as a weekend toy and only going to be running 10 psi for the summer , then will be building the engine and box to run 15 psi next winter thats the plan anyway

evolotion

2909 Posts
Member #: 83
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

I would give it a try, as said chinese turbos are coming along in terms of quality, youll still get the odd duffer but you pays your money. I'd only risk it if you have an intercooler tho as i have seen the front nuts come off chinese turbos and you dont want your engine swallowing it. the intercooler acts a little like a post-turbo filter lol.

turbo 16v k-series 11.9@118.9 :)

Denis O'Brien.

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Member #: 10190
Post Whore

belgium

There is a company here that stands strong on them. Giving 1 years warranty and so on. How ever... in holland they are cheap to. Bought to turbo's of running engine's fot 50 euro together.

you can do anything if you set your mind to it...
i rather blow it up winning than keep it together losing.

finish date set for project 1... march 2018

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

I've just bought a cheap chinese copy.

Compared with the option of either spending loads of money on a new Garrett or risking a used one at the same money as a brand new chinese one, it was an easy decision.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Let's not forget the genuine Garretts fail -hence why there are so many knackered Saab ones on eBay.

The genuine Garett on my Mondeo failed at 65k miles and is now rebuilt with "chinese" internals and running fine.

Chinese manufacturing is way beyond what it used to be, they have invested billions in the Shenzhen region for high tech equipment and facilities.

All my PCBs come from there and their quality is comparable to any UK fabrication house but 1/4 the price.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

Gomme

53 Posts
Member #: 10528
Advanced Member

Denmark

I had a brand new gt1752 chinese copy on my car, it ran about 35 miles before the oil bursted through the turbinehousing. Well it was cheap and the housing etc. wasn`t damaged, so had a company here in Denmark to refurbish it with Garrett parts, and now it runs perfect :)..

1275grimsby

147 Posts
Member #: 10874
Advanced Member

Grimsby

I had one on my audi, went great, only thing I had was the waste gate started to rattle. performed well though.

mine: http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=570945

Nick warwick

537 Posts
Member #: 8926
Post Whore

Sheffield

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181293138846?_tr...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have used one of these for around 500 miles and its been fine. Just used my old housing.

Home > General Chat > cheap gt1752
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: