Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > t3 compressor wheels

welshdan

2095 Posts
Member #: 1111
Post Whore

s wales

afternoon gents.

I know that the t3 is out of favour these days. but its what I run, it makes very good power and gives a very big kick when going on boost!

has anyone had any experience with running a larger compressor wheel in the past? was considering upping from 45 trim that I have currently to 50 or 55.

am already using a larger exhaust turbine housing.

At present there is not very much lag at all. the turbo comes on boost with a big shove. as always though looking to improve/uprate!

cheers, Dan

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

I ran a Cossie 4x4 compressor wheel on mine, not sure which specific size that is.

Almost sure I had the 0.36 turbine housing...it was a very long time ago, Cossie 4x4 was the current hot car then.

It was quite laggy though

IMO this isnt the 90's anymore, move with the times.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

Star Mag

1745 Posts
Member #: 375
Post Whore

Leicestershire

I know these turbos are out of date but as you say power delivery is amazing! Especially if you like lag!

They are that cheap just try it and see if it suits your use driving style!

BENROSS

9812 Posts
Member #: 332
Resident Cylinder Head Modifier

Mitsi Evo 7, 911, Cossie. & all the chavs ...... won no problem

i hear what your saying dan but stevieturbo says it all, i would go GT2056 and have done with it, more that enough to grenade your ass out .....lol and spools ur rather quickley!!!!!

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

I will recomend the gt2056 to anyone who asks

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

To someone whos only experienced performance t2 how does the gt2056 drive?

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

On 28th Oct, 2014 D4VE said:

Much like a t3, comes in a little sooner and a little smoother but builds boost fast and still making boost at 30+psi
There is something about the way the t3 makes boost that is addictive the way its either on boost or not, i like the gt20 for the same reason but transition is alot smoother and more predictable ( on the road)
On the track its just foot down and as soon as its making boost its making 15+ pounds of boost and more if you let it

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Interesting... mines been referred to as 'its either on or off' i suppose ill find out the next turbo when mine dies

On 29th Oct, 2014 Brett said:

On 28th Oct, 2014 D4VE said:

Much like a t3, comes in a little sooner and a little smoother but builds boost fast and still making boost at 30+psi
There is something about the way the t3 makes boost that is addictive the way its either on boost or not, i like the gt20 for the same reason but transition is alot smoother and more predictable ( on the road)
On the track its just foot down and as soon as its making boost its making 15+ pounds of boost and more if you let it

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

On 28th Oct, 2014 Star Mag said:
I know these turbos are out of date but as you say power delivery is amazing! Especially if you like lag!

They are that cheap just try it and see if it suits your use driving style!

I'd call the power delivery crap because of the lag !

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

I used to like the way power was delivered by the standard T3 on the Van & my clubby. Made for a fun drive I thought.

The T2 I have on currently doesn't have the same feeling of "shove" to it in my opinion.

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

Star Mag

1745 Posts
Member #: 375
Post Whore

Leicestershire

It's all personal opinion. The T3 I have on my car gets good results and makes good power. I personally like the power delivery.

The turbo also cost around £80 to make the hybrid that I use. I have been going to change it for a modern unit but it hasn't started smoking yet!

welshdan

2095 Posts
Post Whore

s wales

steve, brett, I see where you are coming from with the gt20. I agree its a much more efficient, modern turbo.

however I use the car for under 1k miles per year so cant really justify spending £££ on a gt20. its used on the road, mainly for scaring my mates shitless with the acceleration and shove that the t3 gives (most wont go near the car anymore). also not got time to make manifolds/downpipes at present. and im also as tight as a ducks arse!

the t3 gives a huge shove when it comes on power. I built my hybrid on a shoestring. just wondering if when its next apart if anyone has tried a larger compressor wheel? as stated was thinking along the lines of a 50/55 trim?

also like the fact that you can get hands on with the old t3, make your own hybrid on the bench at home, as said for a very reasonable cost.

cheers, dan

welshdan

2095 Posts
Post Whore

s wales

have a gt20 on the way to me. took the turbo mini out a week ago after sorting some fuelling issues, and its ballistic with the t3. will have to think carefully before doing the swap!

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

Metro t3 was 40 trim, Rst was 45 trim, Saab 900 was 50 trim. The Saab compressor, with Rst turbine was pretty much a killer t3. But unless you still listen to spandeau ballet or T'pau, it is time to move into the 2000's and get a GT bolted up to that manifold...

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

gotta get my ass in gear and get my T3 boosting

i do love the turbo push on a slightly lagy turbo

Edited by Turbo This.. on 9th Nov, 2014.

welshdan

2095 Posts
Post Whore

s wales

currently running 45 trim with and the rst turbine housing. no spandeau ballet for me thanks Dave!

Good info on the compressor wheels though, thanks!

On 9th Nov, 2014 TurboDave16V said:
Metro t3 was 40 trim, Rst was 45 trim, Saab 900 was 50 trim. The Saab compressor, with Rst turbine was pretty much a killer t3. But unless you still listen to spandeau ballet or T'pau, it is time to move into the 2000's and get a GT bolted up to that manifold...

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

So you is a T'Pau guy then...

On 9th Nov, 2014 welshdan said:
currently running 45 trim with and the rst turbine housing. no spandeau ballet for me thanks Dave!

Good info on the compressor wheels though, thanks!

On 9th Nov, 2014 TurboDave16V said:

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

welshdan

2095 Posts
Post Whore

s wales

was hoping to keep that one quiet *wink*

Home > General Chat > t3 compressor wheels
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: