Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > 1275 turbo conversion wont rev fuel starvation

All-agroA+

69 Posts
Member #: 10611
Advanced Member

so its like this

i have used a hif44 carb from a rover v8. the dash pot is seald as standard on them. it has turbo shaft seals in it, BDD fuel needle. metro plenum engine breather input pipe blocked up ect.

after trying to get the car to run it was clear it was very lean at idle and when i reved it, it would rev and then cut out.

stripped the carb down checked the float valve against the turbo carb i have thats cracked, the turbo one is bigger so ive put that in the v8 carb.

next thing i noticed is the float chamber port on the face of the carb is on the opposite side to the plenum feed port, so the fuel bowl is totally blocked off from boost pressure.

can i get round this by Teeing into the boost ref pipe to the FPR and connecting that to the float bowl vent tube?

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Yes thats known as the 'T' piece trick
You could also drill the plenum (plenums i have had, have had both holes)

It used to be a fairly common mistake to put the gasket the wrong way around, the ones with only one hole give exactly your symptoms

Edited by Brett on 21st Nov, 2014.

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

All-agroA+

69 Posts
Member #: 10611
Advanced Member

Thats a big relief! I spent an hour trying to get the thing to run last night, is there anything else I should check?

1275grimsby

147 Posts
Member #: 10874
Advanced Member

Grimsby

On mine at the rolling road, the two that are usually linked together on the carb, i had to blank both individually else it ran lean on boost

mine: http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=570945

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > 1275 turbo conversion wont rev fuel starvation
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: