Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Companies to Avoid > Ebay shill bidding scum

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

On 18th Dec, 2014 wng691s clubby said:

that's not the point as a seller if you want a set amount for said item put a reserve on it or a buy it now add. no need to rip people off

What a load of shite, how can you "rip people off" when they themselves have decided how much to bid!

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

PhilR

696 Posts
Member #: 10034
Post Whore

Birmingham

Me: I need a wall building.

Builder: how much do you want to spend?

Me: Well I asked a couple of my neighbours and they paid about £800 -£900 for theirs. That's the going rate isn't it?

Builder: Hmmm, how does £1000 sound?

Me: To be honest, I was expecting to pay up to £2000 !! Phew, I though I was going to be skint this Christmas!!

Builder: Hold on, let me just take this phone call. "Hello? Oh it's Mr Shill ! You'd like a wall built too? You want to pay me £1900 ?? Well unfortunately I only have enough time and bricks for one wall. Bye"

Me: So er, £1000 then?

Builder: No mate, £2000. You're said that's ok, right? Let my know yeah? because I can just as easily earn £1900, building a wall for Mr Shill. Merry Christmas, LOL.

Edited by PhilR on 18th Dec, 2014.

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

Hahaha!

On 18th Dec, 2014 PhilR said:
Me: I need a wall building.

Builder: how much do you want to spend?

Me: Well I asked a couple of my neighbours and they paid about £800 -£900 for theirs. That's the going rate isn't it?

Builder: Hmmm, how does £1000 sound?

Me: To be honest, I was expecting to pay up to £2000 !! Phew, I though I was going to be skint this Christmas!!

Builder: Hold on, let me just take this phone call. "Hello? Oh it's Mr Shill ! You'd like a wall built too? You want to pay me £1900 ?? Well unfortunately I only have enough time and bricks for one wall. Bye"

Me: So er, £1000 then?

Builder: No mate, £2000. You're said that's ok, right? Let my know yeah? because I can just as easily earn £1900, building a wall for Mr Shill. Merry Christmas, LOL.

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

redrat

328 Posts
Member #: 9107

Devon

On 17th Dec, 2014 PhilR said:
eBay have changed the fees recently and the reserve fee only applies if the reserve is £50 or more. Overall, the fees are much clearer now, and seem to have gone up again - 'Daylight robbery' pretty much sums it up.

I'm still hacked off, so I've also gone and reported a load of his other items under...

"Listing practices > Fraudulent listing activities > Seller is using other accounts to inflate item price "

For anyone that still thinks shill bidding is acceptable, note that it is classed as fraud. Slater, care to share your ebay ID on here? *hehe!*

I totally agree ! Shill bidding is not only dishonest but let's not forget it's also against the eBay rules , Slater I understand it's up to the bidder what they decide to pay but rules are rules.

theoneeyedlizard

7262 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Agree with Tom on this.

As amusing as that analogy is, it highlights why we are not being "ripped off".

If you "expect" to pay £2000 and the price is half that, you are effectively getting a bargain.

If you bid £2000. That is what you expect to pay.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

theoneeyedlizard

7262 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

That said, I stand by my 'greedy twat' comment. £100 for a bare block is greedy and he's a twat if he expects anyone to pay that.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

slater

1030 Posts
Member #: 1291
Post Whore

Suffolk / Birmingham

I think half the problem is that ebay isnt the same as it used to be and a lot of people live in the past with their rose tinted glasses on too much. The whole 'auction' aspect of it has gone out of the window as quite frankly its a farce for both sellers and buyers. The whole concept of an online auction is flawed and even ebay dont want it anymore. I dont really care what the rules say as such, i live to morals not laws, the rules are only really there to protect ebays interests in the first place and they are the ones ripping people off as they have a virtual monopoly on things still.

I use ebay as an advertising tool really. You can list stuff up, invite offers on it, sell to a good offer and save 20% fee or put a covering bid up to its value + 20% and take your chances someones willing to pay that. If people get in touch il happily deal with them and share any savings and happily go through paypal so they have buyer protection still etc., its all open and honest everyone playing the game wins.

ALSO like i said USE GIXEN. It totally eliminates any shill bidding of the bad type. If you dont use it you are asking to be conned. Live in the real world!!!

PhilR

696 Posts
Member #: 10034
Post Whore

Birmingham

I never imagined 2 completely different opinions on this. While I still stand firmly on the 'shill biding is morally wrong' side of the fence I completely agree with this word for word...

On 18th Dec, 2014 slater said:
The whole 'auction' aspect of it has gone out of the window as quite frankly its a farce for both sellers and buyers. The whole concept of an online auction is flawed and even ebay dont want it anymore. I dont really care what the rules say as such, i live to morals not laws.

I generally wait until the last second before bidding and although I haven't used sniping software before, That's effectively what I'm doing now, so will have to look into it.

Home > Companies to Avoid > Ebay shill bidding scum
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: