Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > When you cant find what you want...

burnard

13 Posts
Member #: 10984

Reading

When you cant find exactly what you want, want not just draw it yourself and print it?

Gauge pods these days piss me off, no one seems to make anything nice or suitable for what i wanted to i drew up what i wanted in CAD and 3d Printed it.

What do you guys think?
It will be painted black before final fitting.

Please excuse the state of my dash at the moment, I am working on a few new bits and pieces over winter will all be tidied up properly before she hits the road again :)

Chris.

madmk1

5417 Posts
Member #: 6181
Double hard bastard

brookwood woking

I am sure an old rover had something like that.

Top work by the way

Edited by madmk1 on 16th Dec, 2014.

I have started posting on Instagram also my name on there is turbomk1golf

Nothing is impossible it just costs more and takes longer.

On 1st Nov, 2007 Ben H said:
There is no such thing as 'insignificant weight saving', it all adds up.

PhilR

696 Posts
Member #: 10034
Post Whore

Birmingham

Very nice *Clapping* I Can't even tell it's been printed in the photos - have you already done any sanding / finishing to it? What's the spec of the printer?

Edited by PhilR on 17th Dec, 2014.

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

On 16th Dec, 2014 madmk1 said:
I am sure an old rover had something like that.

P5B Coupe. I've got two in my car.

The printed one looks good.

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

modern technology and all that. just wonder what we'll be 'printing' in a few years

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Member #: 9764
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

3d printers are so cool.

BENROSS

9812 Posts
Member #: 332
Resident Cylinder Head Modifier

Mitsi Evo 7, 911, Cossie. & all the chavs ...... won no problem

very nice could you give us old ones a crash course on your printer and meterial you use etc ...........

burnard

13 Posts
Member #: 10984

Reading

The pod was not modeled based on anything but i just googled the P5B and you are right. haha.

The part is as it came out of the machine and does have some undulations and dodgy bits, but this was the first thing ive ever printed so can only hope i will get better if i do more.
There is a slight defect on one edge where the ABS didnt seem to set properly between layers and has colapsed a little but turning the heat of the bed down stopped that for the other side. all a bit of a learning curve really.

the printer used is an UP! 3D mini, and unfortunatly belongs to my college and not me. but i am very tempted to buy one now as prices are pretty good, especially as a student.

All the details can be found here: https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/...mini-3d-printer

this part has been printed in the basic ABS plastic supplied with the machine. PLA is also available, but dont fancy trying that since it apparently biodegrades after 3 months. :/

Home > General Chat > When you cant find what you want...
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: