Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Detination at 7psi boost.

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

On 18th Dec, 2014 All-agroA+ said:
so if im running everything as a standard metro turbo engine everything should be right throughout the rev range.

But the thing is, you are not.....

For a start you are using 95 unleaded, it didn't exist until the very late 80's so the distributor advance curve and needle profile of a standard Metro Turbo will have been for leaded 4 star.
You have a dump valve added with questionable plumbing and you have added a "boost controller" that probably does the exact opposite of what Leyland did.

I agree with all the others who point out CO/HC at idle has absolutely no bearing on power/load conditions, it only gets measured to convince the tree huggers that the MOT has some value in saving the planet.

Get yourself a wideband or take it to a rolling road who knows how to swap or file SU needles.

Just my opinion.

EDIT - I should have added that I agree, if the dashpot spring is the wrong one it could easily add to your problems, but your fundamental problem is that you are flying blind.
Just listening to an engine is hardly precise tuning (although it may just be enough to prevent serious piston damage) but nothing beats actual data from the things that need to be measured.

Edited by Rod S on 18th Dec, 2014.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

metroturbo

806 Posts
Member #: 989
Post Whore

North Yorkshire

In addition to not using the 98RON petrol it was designed for, the compression ratio is different to standard, and the boost is different. The dizzy is at least a quarter of a century old, and could be doing anything. Without knowing what spring is in the dashpot, and the AFR, it's all guess work.

Tuctuc

51 Posts
Member #: 10894
Advanced Member

Lancashire

Blimey, this is like watching a wildlife program where the lame wildebeast gets picked off by a pack of hyenas! Lol

All-agro a+ = rolling road is your destiny 😉

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

One thing I learned about this forum is that there are a lot of people on here with a lot of knowledge and experience, which they are always willing to share.

What is not tolerated easily is users who can,t accept suggestions meant to help, especially when they are being repeated.

On another tack, asking questions which could be answered by using the search facility is also likely to result in a short answer.

I don,t think anything said on this thread was gratuitously offensive or unduly critical but some delicate sensibilities MAY be offended.

DILLIGAF

167 Posts
Member #: 9128
Advanced Member

Put the right oil in the dashpot for a start.

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

AEM wide band

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Detination at 7psi boost.
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: