Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > omega 10cc cast pistons

oliver122

57 Posts
Member #: 9625
Advanced Member

hey guys , a good while ago i brought some 2nd hand omega pistons , they came with rings however they we out of a different engine . ive got a couple questions really , can i use the std gudgeon pin form the original con rods and pistons or do i have to buy new ?if i can use them will i have to reem out the little end to make them floating . also will i be able get away with using the rings supplied or will i have to put new in i measured them with a micrometer a good while ago and the wear was even them all the way round the ring

any help and advice would be appreciated guys

cheers

BENROSS

9812 Posts
Member #: 332
Resident Cylinder Head Modifier

Mitsi Evo 7, 911, Cossie. & all the chavs ...... won no problem

hi oliver, to be honest get a new ring set and then they are good as new, regarding the pins get new if you have not got the original omega pins get some new ones with the ring set from MED engineering.

you cant use the std 1275 OEM pins on omegas

oliver122

57 Posts
Member #: 9625
Advanced Member

Ahhh thankyou benross well i thouggt the piston were a good buy at 100 quid , but then rings are 105 and pins 80 . Will order some in the new year

Edited by oliver122 on 22nd Dec, 2014.

Vegard

7763 Posts
Member #: 74
I pick holes in everything..

Chief ancient post excavator

Norway

On 22nd Dec, 2014 BENROSS said:
hi oliver, to be honest get a new ring set and then they are good as new, regarding the pins get new if you have not got the original omega pins get some new ones with the ring set from MED engineering.

you cant use the std 1275 OEM pins on omegas

I would've thought you could... Why not?

On 13th Jul, 2012 Ben H said:
Mine gets in the way a bit, but only when it is up. If it is down it does not cause a problem.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > omega 10cc cast pistons
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: