Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > 998cc > What Cam for 998 with SC12

1275gtsport

3 Posts
Member #: 11035

New Brunswick Canada

Ok I have been planning this for many years and gathering parts along the way. health reasons put on hold several times. have lost all the notes I had made.

So this is the basic's 998 being bored 20 over using dished piston's to keep ratio down.
going to be using the nissan dizzy
standard crank

have a turbo metro carb. making the system blow thru as I am in Canada and the steering wheel is on the left! so the S/C will be out front. not sure exactly where the alternator will be going.
Need to come up with a cam. what do I order?

The car will be used for autocross/auto slalom/ solo racing (depends on where you live as what they call it)
Standard tranny no funding left to upgrade at this time.

Also not sure if this is the right term but do I need a blow off valve? would one be built into the S/C? and do I need an intercooler?

Sorry if this post is a little disorganized still dealing with Health issues and sometimes the meds have me confused.

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

MG Metro, 266 etc would all be good. I have a 274 in my 1293 suck through sc12.

You will need a blow of valve as it will carry on blowing against the butterfly when you let off the throttle. Maybe look at one from a bini m45 setup or one of the 'compressor' Mercedes.

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

I use the re13t at 112lca which seems to work well and pull to 7500 easy.

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

PhilR

696 Posts
Member #: 10034
Post Whore

Birmingham

On 13th Jan, 2015 1275gtsport said:

The car will be used for autocross/auto slalom/ solo racing (depends on where you live as what they call it)
Standard tranny no funding left to upgrade at this time.

If you're giving it any abuse, you should fit a cross pin diff as the standard one WILL fail pretty quickly. The rest of the gearbox should be fine if it's in reasonable health.

I've seen a front mounted BINI supercharger and it looked tidy. They used a physically smaller alternator and a late model MPI head that has a bracket to mount the alternator higher. The oil filter may need to be relocated. Both jobs should be relatively easy to fabricate new mounting hardware.

Edited by PhilR on 13th Jan, 2015.

slater

1030 Posts
Member #: 1291
Post Whore

Suffolk / Birmingham

Id certainly run an inter cooler, that's half the benefit for running blow through

1275gtsport

3 Posts
Member #: 11035

New Brunswick Canada

I should also mention we have a gt15 Longman head. will get the intercooler.

and gr4h4m I have no idea what you said. (the medicated confusion)

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Member #: 9038
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

On 13th Jan, 2015 1275gtsport said:
gr4h4m I have no idea what you said. (the medicated confusion)

The RE13T is a type of cam shaft made by Graham Russell over in Australia, made for turbo engines

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

He does a supercharged version that is ground at 112lca. You can get them from Keith calver in the uk

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

mattsmadmini

118 Posts
Member #: 9965
Advanced Member

Sydney, Australia!

He also does an RE83T, and im sure if you asked nicely he'd grind one of his new profiles in turbo/super form...

“A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.” - Jeremy Clarkson

Home > 998cc > What Cam for 998 with SC12
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: