Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Non-Mini Discussion > anyone have experience with renaults 1.2 tce ?

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Any of you wizz's had any experience with these engines?? Pros/cons http://www.rac.co.uk/buying-a-car/car-revi...nault/clio/1137 we had them at work a few years back n i was surprised by the lil 1.2 turbo engine... i didnt realise but one didnt get sent back off fleet and they ended up buying it and it stayed out on long term hire.. anyway its back now and im prepping it for sale, its a 2009 renault clio 1.2 tce dynamique 21k miles.. am waiting for a price off boss when i finish it tomorrow.. a lil bit tempted as a daily tbh

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

I think paul r has one as his daily. Sure he will be along shortly with his info

Paul R

4018 Posts
Member #: 1757
Back to Fucking Tool status

Swindon

They are a good daily personally, mine has been on track days long distances etc. Service he car a lot more regularly than what they ask and spark plugs are around £90 in most places but Renault sell them for £40. The Halford recommended will not work and will cause a horrible misfire.

If you get chance to remap do it, I drove a remapped one and it was better on fuel and pick up was awesome (130bhp remap)

Drives
-Ford S-max Mk2 Ecoboost
-Rover 100 VVC #2 - track project

Searching is all you need on TurboMinis

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

On 14th Jan, 2015 Paul R said:
They are a good daily personally, mine has been on track days long distances etc. Service he car a lot more regularly than what they ask and spark plugs are around £90 in most places but Renault sell them for £40. The Halford recommended will not work and will cause a horrible misfire.

If you get chance to remap do it, I drove a remapped one and it was better on fuel and pick up was awesome (130bhp remap)

Wow 30bhp jump and better on fuel!! Well... its a works one on 09 plate, 21 thousand miles... is due a cambelt time wise but obviously not mileage wise.. but i can have it for £2500... id be stupid to say no wouldnt i?

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

It's French. I would not disgrase my house by parking it putside. *wink*

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Paul R

4018 Posts
Member #: 1757
Back to Fucking Tool status

Swindon

sounds like a good price, mines on 70+k now, its a little ropey but its been driven hard and used as a work horse, my mum has one as well 09 plate and 10k on the clock and hers is still pristine.

a lot of modern remaps offer better mpg and more power, I also only run on super unleaded, gets more millage and runs smoother.

head light bulbs are a bitch to change, don't get one with cream/grey interior and that's about all I can think of.

only major issue I have had is a spring snapping and I currently have no radio or central display but that's just a fuse which is hidden behind the dash (cba to remove the panel and fix)

Drives
-Ford S-max Mk2 Ecoboost
-Rover 100 VVC #2 - track project

Searching is all you need on TurboMinis

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

according to the above, 2500 is awesome price, especially as ive known the car since it came off the delivery truck, only has 21k and is pretty much immaculate and like it was the day it got delivered so ive said yes to the boss and it now sits on my drive *smiley* the engine is very surprising.. definitely lives up to the ''torque of 1.6 power of a 1.4 with running costs of 1.2'' that they say.. I love the lil 1.2 turbo engine!

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

On 15th Jan, 2015 Paul R said:
sounds like a good price, mines on 70+k now, its a little ropey but its been driven hard and used as a work horse, my mum has one as well 09 plate and 10k on the clock and hers is still pristine.

a lot of modern remaps offer better mpg and more power, I also only run on super unleaded, gets more millage and runs smoother.

head light bulbs are a bitch to change, don't get one with cream/grey interior and that's about all I can think of.

only major issue I have had is a spring snapping and I currently have no radio or central display but that's just a fuse which is hidden behind the dash (cba to remove the panel and fix)

is yours remapped then? it is tempting especially increase in mpg too as its supposed to be 53.2mpg now

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

You'd be stupid not to get it and then buy a real car with the £2k profit from selling it..

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

On 16th Jan, 2015 apbellamy said:
You'd be stupid not to get it and then buy a real car with the £2k profit from selling it..

its an idea *tongue*

Home > Non-Mini Discussion > anyone have experience with renaults 1.2 tce ?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: