Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Can you put an engine complete with gt17 turbo in from the top?

Notay

43 Posts
Member #: 9935

Leeds, UK

I am putting my engine in from the top using a chain block mounted to the girder in the garage (same way I took it out) - will I be able to put a complete engine in with inlet/exhaust manifold and turbo on from the top? Or will I have to put the engine in first without the manifolds and turbo and assemble these after its in?

Thanks.

Notay

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

manifolds off,

you'll need to tilt the engine back toward the windscreen so the diff clears, you wont be able to do this with the manifolds on

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

Notay

43 Posts

Leeds, UK

ok cheers, what sort of access will there be to put on the oil drain and feed hoses?

minimole23

4300 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

bolt it on when you can still tilt the engine forwards.

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

Notay

43 Posts

Leeds, UK

thanks, cant wait to put the engine back in - been nearly 3 years since it was last in the mini!

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

well i put the subby in with the short block i had the head fully built up manifolds carb then bolted the head on from the top after subby was in suspension builts and engine bolted up worked a treat for me

but my manifold is different to most and im sure it will be a heack of a job to take just the carb off or just the turbo off porbaly need to take the head off then the manifolds off once on the bench tbh

depends what ur setup is

stefaz

1252 Posts
Member #: 1656
Post Whore

stoke-on-trent

I put full t3 setup inc downpipe in my car from the top but i have a removable front end, took a bit of manhandling but its possible

On 23rd Oct, 2009 sim_ou_nao said:

eu gosto de mamas = i like boobs

jamiestevenbell

336 Posts
Member #: 9941

Derby

I have never built the turbo set up on the back of the engine in the car! It's always been left attached and lifted out of the top and my cars a round nose

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Member #: 648
Post Whore

Northern Ireland (ex AUS)

Is it a Metro cast manifold or Mirage type? I can drop in my engine with T2 on a Mirage manifold pretty easy.

On 7th Nov, 2008 Nic said:
naeJ
m
!!!!!!sdrawkcab si gnihtyreve ?droabyekym ot deneppah sah tahw ayhwdd

Gomme

53 Posts
Member #: 10528
Advanced Member

Denmark

Mine also went in with manifolds on (a round nose).
GT17 custom manifold, but same placement as a matty or mirage manifold.

Notay

43 Posts

Leeds, UK

managed to get it in but didn't have the manifolds attached. I am using a matty manifold.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Can you put an engine complete with gt17 turbo in from the top?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: