Donations towards server fund so far this month.

 
£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Meight the mini. Now mini van

BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire

So I now have a mini to drive whilst I rebuild mine, its my brothers but he couldn't afford the insurance:
1971 mini van with a kick *wink*


The two together, my brothers other mini has sadly been moved out side:

Edited by BronkoMini on 26th Jul, 2015.


minimole23

4195 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Bristol

very nice

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire

Spec
stage 5 cylinder head
balanced bottom end & niterided crankshaft
goose neck intake with 45mm side draught webber carb
lightened flywheel and 1275e gearbox new bearings and layshaft
four core rad
omega pistons with lightened con rods
straight cut box (not drop gears, its not loud enough*happy* )

Edited by BronkoMini on 26th Jul, 2015.


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire

Oh and BTW I really dislike the bumpers. Most people would probably agree.

Edited by BronkoMini on 26th Jul, 2015.


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire

A little video, I shall get another one after I have got it on a rolling road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6xo1ij4ID8


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire

Me and minis are great match, got blooming clutch slip on the van.
Got some time off uni, hoping to finish the welding on the saloon.


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire

Thanks MED

Edited by BronkoMini on 19th Apr, 2016.


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire

Next on the list is to get a megajolt kit from trigger wheels.


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire

Also going to buy one of those instant garages from machine mart so I can work on the mini when it's raining.
Going to build a roll over jig as it should make finishing the welding on the underside a bit easier.


JPA

User Avatar

63 Posts
Member #: 10036
Advanced Member

Finland

Remember to fasten the instant garage to ground well enough.
Otherwise it will fly off on a windy day, this happened to my brother once.
Luckily it did not hit anything important, only bent the pipework on it when found upside down 20 meters away.


On 19th Apr, 2016 BronkoMini said:
Also going to buy one of those instant garages from machine mart so I can work on the mini when it's raining.
Going to build a roll over jig as it should make finishing the welding on the underside a bit easier.

75' Mini special deluxe.
1275 A+ engine with turbo on the way...


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire




On 20th Apr, 2016 JPA said:
Remember to fasten the instant garage to ground well enough.
Otherwise it will fly off on a windy day, this happened to my brother once.
Luckily it did not hit anything important, only bent the pipework on it when found upside down 20 meters away.


On 19th Apr, 2016 BronkoMini said:
Also going to buy one of those instant garages from machine mart so I can work on the mini when it's raining.
Going to build a roll over jig as it should make finishing the welding on the underside a bit easier.

Yeah, I've seen that they like to fly away. I shall go OTT with strapping it down.


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire

Long time no post but this happened on christmas eve, only just split the engine. vid of gears below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy4NZvUsO0s
https://youtu.be/Yy4NZvUsO0s

Edited by BronkoMini on 26th Jan, 2018.


jonny f

User Avatar

2027 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

Something fall in it? Or just worn and to much power?


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire




On 26th Jan, 2018 jonny f said:
Something fall in it? Or just worn and to much power?

I dont think anything fell in it, the baring has fallen to bits do not sure if thats what made the gears grind. The engine has just been cobeled together so it was only a matter of time at least ive got the metro turbo engine to put straight in


burcy35

160 Posts
Member #: 10990
Advanced Member

Hornsea

Wow! I am no expert in gearboxes but I can even diagnose that its tolerances are a little too big (fooked) 😃


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire




On 26th Jan, 2018 burcy35 said:
Wow! I am no expert in gearboxes but I can even diagnose that its tolerances are a little too big (fooked) 😃

Maybe a little big haha


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire

I cant seem to use photobucket anymore, does any one have any suggestions on a new photo hosting website?


jonny f

User Avatar

2027 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

Flickr


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire




On 26th Jan, 2018 jonny f said:
Flickr

Ah thank you


jonny f

User Avatar

2027 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

No adds and it works very well


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire

Just made an account. Need to upload all my latest pictures now


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire

A very sad looking van
https://flic.kr/p/EgtUfk

Edited by BronkoMini on 30th Jan, 2018.


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire

Untitled by Bryn Kinsman, on Flickr


BronkoMini

288 Posts
Member #: 10610
Senior Member

Wiltshire

Trying to decide what turbo to get as this one is buggared
Untitled by Bryn Kinsman, on Flickr

Home > Show Us Yours! > Meight the mini. Now mini van
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: