Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Meight the mini. Now mini van

BronkoMini

301 Posts
Member #: 10610

Wiltshire

I think we definitely need a garage at least double the size of the current one
Untitled by Bryn Kinsman, on Flickr

BronkoMini

301 Posts

Wiltshire

Changed the transfer gears yesterday, couldn't re fit everything as the new gaskets hadn't arrived yet. Had to re tap one of the holes where the puller goes in as it was mashed:
Old gears
New ones

Edited by BronkoMini on 9th Mar, 2018.

BronkoMini

301 Posts

Wiltshire

Does anyone know what the part is i need for the throttle linkage on the carb, it has snapped off and i cant seem to find what it is i need?

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Looks like you need a new butterfly shaft.

theoneeyedlizard

7260 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

I may have a spare one. PM me and I’ll have a look.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

BronkoMini

301 Posts

Wiltshire

Thanks for the replies

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

Looking good.

All done ready for summer?

BronkoMini

301 Posts

Wiltshire

On 12th Mar, 2018 jonny f said:
Looking good.

All done ready for summer?

Thank you. Im actually trying to get it ready for london to brighton, hopefully ill get it done in time

BronkoMini

301 Posts

Wiltshire

So ive managed to get it all back together, next to do is the diff im hoping the diff from my other engine will fit.
Does anyone know if this starter will work with this engine?
Also just about to order the megajolt

JT

2742 Posts
Member #: 637
Post Whore

Hertfordshire

You need a pre engaged starter for a verto flywheel

My build thread..

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=542985

minimole23

4300 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

Be wary of those hi torque starters on a verto flywheel, the ring gear sits further out, so unless the adaptor plate is correct it may not engage properly.

Also I think its an 11 tooth pinion for a verto, Pinions can be changed though.

Edited by minimole23 on 13th Mar, 2018.

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

BronkoMini

301 Posts

Wiltshire

Ah ok thanks for the replies. I do have another starter. Just thought it may have been better to fit the high torque one seeing as I had it from the old engine.

BronkoMini

301 Posts

Wiltshire

So i Swapped the diffs over, hace got it sat home but it seems pretty tight turning it even with it out of gear etc, im sure it shouldnt be so tight, ive had a google and cant find anything.
The old and new
The hole
It sitting flush but bolts not done up

miniallsort

230 Posts
Member #: 1131

great build thread how long till complete

BronkoMini

301 Posts

Wiltshire

On 22nd Mar, 2018 miniallsort said:
great build thread how long till complete

Thanks. I want to get it all assembled and on the road on a month. Don’t knkw if that’s going to happen haha

BronkoMini

301 Posts

Wiltshire

So as everybody probably noticed im an idiot, now changed the wheels round so the right one was on, got it all assembled and put back on and it all spins freely etc

BronkoMini

301 Posts

Wiltshire

Also just put a deposit down on a megajolt kit with ready made kit from wired by wilson, so hopefully ill get that soon.

BronkoMini

301 Posts

Wiltshire

Just taken the turbo etc off, trying to figure out what turbo it is so i can get a new one, if i remember correctly its 2 different turbos, i really need to find whats the exhaust side so it all still pairs up with the manifold and exhaust

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Re. the diff, I've only just seen the photos but in one I see an old blue gasket yet the diff cover is held on with bolts.

As a general rule, the earlier cases that used studs and nuts to hold the cover require the gaskets but the later cases that used bolts straight into the main casing did not use gaskets but a thin smear of RTV sealant.
There may have been a cross-over period with gaskets/bolts, maybe someone just chose to use bolts rather than studs/nuts in an early case or some other reason from someone swapping parts in the past but if the case is one that is meant to have RTV sealant and you fit gaskets, the two big bearings won't be nipped in place and can spin in the housing.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

BronkoMini

301 Posts

Wiltshire

Ah right ok. I saw about using gaskets or not but all 3 of the diffs I took off from the gearboxes had gaskets so I thought it best to use gaskets. So I shouldn’t be using gaskets then

On 6th Apr, 2018 Rod S said:
Re. the diff, I've only just seen the photos but in one I see an old blue gasket yet the diff cover is held on with bolts.

As a general rule, the earlier cases that used studs and nuts to hold the cover require the gaskets but the later cases that used bolts straight into the main casing did not use gaskets but a thin smear of RTV sealant.
There may have been a cross-over period with gaskets/bolts, maybe someone just chose to use bolts rather than studs/nuts in an early case or some other reason from someone swapping parts in the past but if the case is one that is meant to have RTV sealant and you fit gaskets, the two big bearings won't be nipped in place and can spin in the housing.

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

You can measure them to check if they need a gasket. If the bearing housing is round with the diff out and the casing nipped up you don't need them.

I killed a CWP and I believe running gaskets in a non gasket cover was a contributing factor.

BronkoMini

301 Posts

Wiltshire

Ok I might as well take it all back off and have a look, rather do it now while it’s out and not have it break. Shouldn’t take long to take it back out

On 6th Apr, 2018 jonny f said:
You can measure them to check if they need a gasket. If the bearing housing is round with the diff out and the casing nipped up you don't need them.

I killed a CWP and I believe running gaskets in a non gasket cover was a contributing factor.

BronkoMini

301 Posts

Wiltshire

So i took all the diff and that off again and re assembled it with the rtv sealand stuff.
All the megajolt and extras arrived today:
Fitted the dizzy plug
And tried fitting the trigger wheel and sensor bracket but one of the bolts just spins and doesnt go tight so i either need to fit a bigger bolt or re thread it

BronkoMini

301 Posts

Wiltshire

Long time no post but now silly season is over i can spend more time on this, ive pretty much sorted the carb, just need a new linkage bit.

Also decided were gonna run a gt1752, bought a fusion manifold set, just need a turbo now, cant decide whats best a cheap chinese one off ebay or a genuine one for much more so if anybody has any advise or experience with them that would be great.
My brothers also stripped all the paint off and wants to paint it blue or green but cant figure out what paint to get so if anyone has any ideas please say. Thank you

BronkoMini

301 Posts

Wiltshire

The old manifold, down pipe turbo etc are all for sale so if you want any pics let me know.
Here's how the engine sits right now

Home > Show Us Yours! > Meight the mini. Now mini van
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: