Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Track, Drag & Race > North Weald Airfield (activity day) Good friday 3rd april.

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

Heading along. Most likely take MX5 maybe take the mini. Not sure yet. Seemed good value, maybe see some of you there if you fancy it!

http://www.bespoke-performance-parts.eu/ac...Stuff.html#a300

The guide pasted in below that i got after paying.

Hi everyone, we are looking forwards to our activity day at North Weald, and we hope you all are too. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask and we will try and help.
Q1: Where is it?
North Weald Airfield is just off the M11 1 junction north of the M25.
Its address is: Merlins Way, North Weald, Epping CM16 6AA
On the M11 roundabout you will find a McDonalds if you want a quick coffee or something prior to starting, and also just off the roundabout are 2 service stations where you can top up with fuel and inflate your tyres (see below)
Q2: What time should I get there?
We start our briefing at 9AM, so try and get there before, so we are all ready and correct, and sign in, so we can start the day promptly and maximise driving time.
Everyone needs to sign in, even passengers etc. The day will finish at 4pm, and we recommend joining us at a pub for a wind down drink afterwards.
Q3: Is it dangerous? Do I need a helmet etc?
The great thing about an activity day is it SHOULDN’T be dangerous!
You won’t need a helmet, but can bring one if you want (we won’t stop you!)
You should bring your driving licence.
It’s strictly one at a time out on a circuit, so if you see another car coming STOP!
Q4: What we will be doing?
Having fun! It’s not a competition, and the best way to think of the day is a chance to explore the performance and behaviour of your car. When we do circuits, feel free to set a great time, or just improve your personal times, or just hang the back end out and start laying some smoke screens! Don’t be afraid to ask for passenger rides too….
The day will start with a very fast left hand bend, where we can practice feeling the limits of grip and how to control the car beyond the limit. Don’t be afraid to spin!
After that we will set up 2 coned circuits, where you can switch back and forth as you like.
Q5: Mmm Food?
There will be a burger van on site, and we will start breaking for lunch at about 12.
Q6: Do I need to prepare my car in any way?
Because of the rigours of the high speed bend, we recommend inflating your tyres by 6 – 8 PSI above normal (e.g. if you normally run 30 psi, pump it up to 36-38). This is to stop the tyres scrubbing over onto the sidewalls, or in extreme cases, popping off their rims.
Also check your oil, and top up if necessary. There is a service station at the M11 junction.
Try and get rid of loose stuff in the boot etc as we don’t want stuff flying all over the place punching holes in the cars.
You are welcome to fit cameras etc to your cars and we look forwards to seeing the results!
Q7: What if I have traction control?
TURN IT OFF!!!!!

evad1980

1142 Posts
Member #: 10165
Post Whore

Stansted, Essex

Sounds awesome... Its only down the road from me, I wish my mini was drivable

*oh well*

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Chop chop nothing like a deadline to push yaself

On 25th Mar, 2015 evad1980 said:
Sounds awesome... Its only down the road from me, I wish my mini was drivable

*oh well*

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

theoneeyedlizard

7261 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

I may well be up for this if I can lash the car back together in time.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

evad1980

1142 Posts
Post Whore

Stansted, Essex

Deadline? That's Friday week... Ha some chance!

theoneeyedlizard

7261 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

I've only got to whack the tank in, fit brakes, bleed brakes, roughly setup suspension.

There's a chance, but with wedding planning going on, any car stuff is tough to fit in at the moment.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

evad1980

1142 Posts
Post Whore

Stansted, Essex

Ha ha... I did the wedding thing 6 weeks ago, before that I couldn't do a thing... I feel a weight off my shoulders now!

My mini though is literally in pieces, I'd need a miracle to make that!

jonny f

2091 Posts
Post Whore

Dorking

Get em done!!

jonny f

2091 Posts
Post Whore

Dorking

Just to add, this was a great day, a little slow as it was one at a time on each circuit. Worth what i paid.

Airfield was quite rough though!

You can get it much cheaper going direct here to.

http://www.carlimits.com/

Home > Track, Drag & Race > North Weald Airfield (activity day) Good friday 3rd april.
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: