Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Track, Drag & Race > Track days at Cadwell and Snetterton

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Nothing to do with Minis at all, but you may have read of my friends with the racing A35 and seen the video from last October at Cadwell.

They also race a Sierra Cosworth, but have just completed the build of an XR8 replica ( South African Ford Sierra with a 302 small block V8)

Cadwell was a shakedown test last Friday and threw up the usual niggles, but nothing serious, and most attended to between then and yesterday ,at Snetterton.

A passenger seat and belts had been fitted over the weekend, pretty much for my benefit, and I did about 20 laps sitting in there, including a spin, when the ultimate level of grip was just exceeded !

We were out on both wet and dry tyres as the weather changed - the dry tyres have to be treaded tyres for the intended class of racing.

This is seriously quick car. It was able to overhaul, on straight acceleration down the pits straight, a track prepared Aston Martin V8 on slicks, despite wheelspin when full power is applied.

More tweaks and further small niggles were identified, none serious and I can,t wait to see it,s racing debut.

No pictures by request of the owners as it is a unique car and still under development.

I will just add that I used the turbo A35 to Snetterton, 250 miles at just under 40mpg, most of the time in the outside lane with all the usual BMW/Audi brigade.Got to love a turbo A series for fun.

Home > Track, Drag & Race > Track days at Cadwell and Snetterton
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: