Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > 998cc > dizzy

pieter

239 Posts
Member #: 7577

belgium

What type of dizzy can i use for a 998+20cc turbo with 12G295 head??

any experiences with the AMETHYST MAPPABLE IGNITION? can anyone recommend this?

i want to keep a distributor instead of trigger wheel on the engine i'm building.

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Member #: 9764
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

I'd just spend the extra money and have it mappable on megajolt alot more controllable. I was gonna do Dizzy but quality of parts these days aren't amazing with Dizzy

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

Any reason for wanting to keep a dizzy?

robert

6743 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

pieter ,

i would use any dizzy, take off the advance springs and fix the advance with a blob of weld .then run fixed timing adjusted for max power on the boost your running , then keep the vacuum advance working for cruise .

this will give you the same max power as anything else , but be less flexible and torquey off boost . and at lower rpm .

also less economical...but it will work .

as a rough starting point , 24 degrees max ,on 10 psi on a 8.5:1 , has been in the ball park for a few combinations.

robert.

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

pieter

239 Posts
Member #: 7577

belgium

i was thinking of building a cheater rod so keep it looking original but having a beast inside... @robert, your plan makes sense, but there is ignition advance curve then... swiftness has these fancy ignition coils that have various ignition curves that can be set, therefore i thought there should be something affordable that does the same as well... or just use the standard dizzy from the 1275 metty block? but the block i have is a A block not A+...

Home > 998cc > dizzy
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: