Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > 998cc > Turbo Oil pump in a 998 block

PhilR

696 Posts
Member #: 10034
Post Whore

Birmingham

I'm going to be using a 1275 turbo oil pump in my 998 as I'm installing oil jets and want the extra flow.

I've shortened the input shaft, drilled and tapped the extra mounting hole in the block... Is there anything else I need to do?

The original 998 pump also has a tiny oil hole through to the 3rd cam bearing, but I can't see this on the turbo pump. I assume it's not really needed??

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

isn't that the only supply to that bearing?

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

if you use the A+ rods they already have oil jets in them, so no need for additional oil jets.

As for the pump. Us the 1275 pump with the shaft ground down. Then drill and tap the block to suit the mountings.

I know nothing of oil supply to the cam bearings.

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

PhilR

696 Posts
Member #: 10034
Post Whore

Birmingham

My idea for the additional jets was that the original conrod jets only fire for a few degrees each revolution when the journal hole lines up; Regardless of that, I think that you and others have made big power with factory 998 pistons and no extra jets ? either way, they're installed now, so an easy precaution.

Regarding the being no extra hole in the pump, I think I'll just leave it like that. I suppose there's enough oil being splashed around, so the oil hole was never needed.

Edited by PhilR on 28th Jun, 2015.

Home > 998cc > Turbo Oil pump in a 998 block
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: