Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Companies to Avoid > minivan on ebay..

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Item number 191665455451

My friend won the auction, took the day off friday and travelled over 6 hours to collect it, it isnt described well for a reason.. its a bodge of repairs.. no inner wings, wings held on with self tappers.. clutch is on its way out and brakes are knackered.
My friend kindly said its not described as listed and refused it and drove back the 6 hours disapointed.

Now this is where id think oh well what a shame and move on... BUT now the guy has relisted the van slating my friend saying he was a time waster and didnt pay! And that the guy now wants payment in full before collection!?

Now i cant see how someone who takes off a day from work, travels from one end of the uk to the other and misses out on mini in the park is a time waster!?

This has now angered me and i just want to let people know that theres a reason why the only pictures are of his weird transformer modifications and the mini on the beach! And not important stuff like sills and floors and inner wings etc..

Just a warning... rant over

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

PhilR

696 Posts
Member #: 10034
Post Whore

Birmingham

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191665455451

Looks like he's never received feedback as a seller; If the transaction hasn't been cancelled yet, perhaps it's time for your friend gave him his very first seller feedback ?

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

What a good idea!! I shall tell friend now! 👍

Midas

90 Posts
Member #: 7555
Advanced Member

I passed this car just the other day on Salterton road in Exmouth, the guy selling it is one of those traders who sticks them out in the streets with a detail sheet in the window.

redrat

328 Posts
Member #: 9107

Devon

I saw this too in exmouth last month . I would never pay before seeing a car but clearly some people do , just hope they use PayPal to protect themselves . Sorry to hear your mate was lied too , unfortunately when I was looking for my project the descriptions never matched the actual car !!

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Even tho sale was cancelled.. my friend was still able to leave negative feedback.. he left a warning to all to view before bidding, lets hope they see that

Will

167 Posts
Member #: 11091
Advanced Member

Jesus
Ironic business advertising too!
If you saw that front end you'd run a mile!

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

The guy is now threatening my friend over texts with the fact he knows his address and that itll be nice to catch up soon!

Warning to everyone hes obviously not clever enough to list a car on ebay thoroughly, and now hes threatening to make a 6 hour drive to 'catch up'

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

Pretty obvious to me that its a bag of shite from the pictures.

Pictures usually make wank cars look good, these pictures look wank!

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

evad1980

1142 Posts
Member #: 10165
Post Whore

Stansted, Essex

On 20th Aug, 2015 D4VE said:
The guy is now threatening my friend over texts with the fact he knows his address and that itll be nice to catch up soon!

Warning to everyone hes obviously not clever enough to list a car on ebay thoroughly, and now hes threatening to make a 6 hour drive to 'catch up'

What a cock sucker.... How would he have ur mates address though?

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

It would come up when he won the auction last time

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

generally, I find anyone who texts 'threats' like that have no intention of acting on it; especially if they are 6 hours away and know you wont turn up at his place to do the same thing!

having said all that, if the same photos were used on the first sale, your mate went in with his rose tinted specs. Never buy without asking for additional photos; good sellers will happily send you extra info. if they wont, walk away

On 20th Aug, 2015 D4VE said:

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

I understand but im pretty sure my friend asked for pics of areas that my friend actually was bothered about like door steps.. sills.. etc.. not the transformers stuff the guys obviously proud of?

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Post him a turd.

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

Post his address on here and he will get 10! lol

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

redrat

328 Posts
Member #: 9107

Devon

Or if you really want to piss him off get your friend to report the texts to the police , they will give him a KC number , then advise eBay with that number and he will get kicked off . Seeing as he's local to me I was going to offer dropping off a turd on his doorstep *smiley*

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Me n his friends are extrmemly angry and will all be here if he decides to 'catch up' but all the turd offers from you guys are so nice thanks *happy* feel free to post as many turds as possible.. or wind up emails to him ( not that thats not been happening anyway)
on a serious note reports have been made so hopefully 'what goes around comes back around'

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

On 20-Aug-15 at 08:48:38 BST, seller added the following information:

It seems that not only has the last winning bidder on the van not pay for the vehicle. He has also left negative feed back. The van is as described. It's not a show car. I've had people come and see it and they were happy enough to leave their bid on the car. I can't believe I'm having to send this message. But I'm doing it because I know that I'm being truthful about the car. Regards Dan.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Member #: 9038
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

If you look closely on the zoom of the engine pictures, you can see the self tapers he has used to attach the wings! No mention of it in his AD though.

wolfie

8215 Posts
Member #: 90
Post Whore

Somewhere around Swindon

He wont turn up he is full of shit, when i got ripped off on TMF i drove the 4 hr round trip to see the guy face to face but no way was i telling him.

Crystal Sound Audio said:

Why wolfie...you should have your name as Fuckfaceshithead !

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."-Douglas Adams

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Its definitely not as described... if you turned up and the guy slid the window back and put his arm in and opened it from inside and said 'oh theres no keys' would u be happy? Youd expect lil details like that to be in the ad!! The list of other off putting stuff snowballs from there..

evad1980

1142 Posts
Member #: 10165
Post Whore

Stansted, Essex

Ah that's gash man... Anyone would be pissed hearing that after driving mileage! Not good enough at all.

Home > Companies to Avoid > minivan on ebay..
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: